Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Juan Pierre

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Juan Pierre

Wow. Just checked out his BR page. This guy is a chart-topper.

Led his league in caught stealing 7 times, with a couple silvers and a bronze along the way.

Three more gold medals for outs made, with three more silvers and a lonesome bronze.

Make your move on him, Walter, before it's too late.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Juan Pierre

AVG is 98 points higher than Stubbs
    OBP is 62 points higher than Stuubs
    SLG is 30 points higher than Stubbs
    OPS is 93 points higher than Stubbs

He is 20 for 23 is SB while Stubbs is 16 for 20

This is not a move for the future it is a move for right here and right now and Votto needs someone to drive in

He should be easy to get and is cheap (800k) PLUS he is a lot better than what Stubbs is providing this season

Pierre CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Fraiser 3B
    Bruce RF
    Cozart SS
    Ludwick/Hi-C LF
    Hanigan/Mesoraco C
    Pitcher

i think the reds just need to realize stubbs is not the answer.

also they need to stop chasing ppl like ludwick.

He will never fit in on this team, he does not strike out enough

8 times he has led his league in AB per SO

Stubbs strikes out once every 3.11 At Bats
    Pierre strikes out once every 16.1 At Bats

They could have potentially moved Stubbs for Michael Brantley a couple months ago, according to an RZ guy with inside dope.

That would have solved the Stubbs Conundrum, and netted us a young LH OF with upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    He will never fit in on this team, he does not strike out enough

8 times he has led his league in AB per SO

Stubbs strikes out once every 3.11 At Bats
    Pierre strikes out once every 16.1 At Bats
    He is the anti-Stubbs in that regard.

But when it comes to BB%, Stubbs is about twice as likely to take a pass.

9.1% to 5.7% (career)
    Last edited by malcontent; 07-07-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    AVG is 98 points higher than Stubbs
    OBP is 62 points higher than Stuubs
    SLG is 30 points higher than Stubbs
    OPS is 93 points higher than Stubbs

He is 20 for 23 is SB while Stubbs is 16 for 20

This is not a move for the future it is a move for right here and right now and Votto needs someone to drive in

He should be easy to get and is cheap (800k) PLUS he is a lot better than what Stubbs is providing this season

Pierre CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Fraiser 3B
    Bruce RF
    Cozart SS
    Ludwick/Hi-C LF
    Hanigan/Mesoraco C
    Pitcher
    He's also in his early, if not mid thirties. Stubbs is a young guy that I still say has some upside to him. How many Superstar center fielders do you see anymore? Granderson, Hamilton, Kemp, Mccutcheon and the Uptons?
    The grass is always greener. There are Reds fans that seem to think even Votto isn't doing all he could be doing. Being a professional baseball player is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    He is the anti-Stubbs in that regard.

But when it comes to BB%, Stubbs is about twice as likely to take a pass.

9.1% to 5.7% (career)
    Walks, K's, hits... all considerations in getting on base. Stubbs doesn't do it as well as the net net sum of Pierre's parts. It's that easy. This would be a good move at its cost, if it happens.

I know we all want a Pence, Upton or Quentin. We just might not have the ammo to swing it right now. Would you rather the club not look at moves that could improve the club, even if they have to live within the constraints of their plans/limitations for this season?

I'm cool with getting Pierre IF it means a corresponding move of trading Stubbs. He would be a veteran affordable replacement for this year that should put up solid .OBP numbers in front of Votto. That is all this team needs right now.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

If he comes cheap, sure, why not? Platoon Pierre and Ludwick in left. Stubbs and Heisey in center. And sayonara Scott Rolen. Works for me.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

When you're slugging % is .30 lower than Juan Pierre's.....lol

You just can't even mention Stubbs' power if he is .30 behind Juan Pierre...lol

In a heartbeat.....I' so sick of this upside stuff. He's gotten worse each of the past 3 seasons and he's probably near 1800 career plate appearances.

Pierre wouldn't bring much and would get every start....but I'd be far happier.

I think Stubbs could take off with a change in enviornment. I don't think Jacoby can fix him, but I bet there's quite a few hitting coaches out there who think they could and will want to grab him for next to nothing while he's struggling as bad as he is now.

I wouldn't want to give up a major league player for Pierre. If we can get him for a AAA bullpen arm then go for it and then try to package Stubbs for a power bat.

Its going to be tough to get any deals done after all we gave up in the Latos trade.

I'd go for it. Starting him isn't ideal, but he's exactly the player that this team needs; a lefty, OBP guy who almost never strikes out and can lead off. With a one year contract and the Phillies out of contention, it shouldn't be too hard to get done. Maybe they'd take a prospect like Gregorius or Lotzkar straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If he comes cheap, sure, why not? Platoon Pierre and Ludwick in left. Stubbs and Heisey in center. And sayonara Scott Rolen. Works for me.
    This sounds like a good plan to me.

Regardless of who, Reds need to do something as for Votto to have 30+ doubles and a 349 AVG and only have 49 rbi's, shows someone isnt getting on base in front of him.

Turn Off Ads?