Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pioneer League

Pioneer League

Is the Pioneer League more of a hitters league, pitchers league or is it kind of neutral? I don't know much about the league, so I was hoping somebody with more knowledge would know. Thanks in advance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pioneer League

Quote Originally Posted by BLark = HOF View Post
    Is the Pioneer League more of a hitters league, pitchers league or is it kind of neutral? I don't know much about the league, so I was hoping somebody with more knowledge would know. Thanks in advance.
    Big time hitters league. Pitchers who do well give some hope. Hitters who struggle should become immediate suspects unless they are real, real young (19 or under). College hitters who do well should be taken with a grain of salt.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Ogden, Orem, and Idaho Falls have some very strange OF dimensions. You have to take extra base hits with a grain of salt in that league. Ogden has a high wall in LF. When I was out there, Missoula didn't even have a wall in some areas of their stadium It was a chain linked fence. Also, players seem to have a habit of hotdogging out there because they dont want to go back to complex ball. Example of this is the SS doing a complete 360 while fielding the ball then throwing to 1st. I saw some silly stuff out their my two years. I have always been told by scouts a OF sliding for a catch basically means he was out of position. Seems every OF tried to do it once a game.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Ogden, Orem, and Idaho Falls have some very strange OF dimensions. You have to take extra base hits with a grain of salt in that league. Ogden has a high wall in LF. When I was out there, Missoula didn't even have a wall in some areas of their stadium It was a chain linked fence. Also, players seem to have a habit of hotdogging out there because they dont want to go back to complex ball. Example of this is the SS doing a complete 360 while fielding the ball then throwing to 1st. I saw some silly stuff out their my two years. I have always been told by scouts a OF sliding for a catch basically means he was out of position. Seems every OF tried to do it once a game.
    Interesting tidbit of info....thanks!

Turn Off Ads?