Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton being sent to AA

Hamilton being sent to AA

Yes, another hamilton thread. But with news.

Not unexpected obviously. Still, glad to see it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton being sent to AA

Oh, and that is per hamilton on twitter.

Trade in the works???

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Trade in the works???
    Why would a promotion to AA indicate a trade?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Trade in the works???
    I wouldn't necessarily think thsat is so. Negron went down last night for Louisville. I could see Gregorious moving up to the Bats (he's been hitting well lately), making room for Billy. With the move to double A (if he continues to produce) I could see him possible making his Cincinnati debut as soon as this time next season. September of next year is probably more likely though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    He's blocked by a good prospects in AA at SS and center didn't know about Negron going down at AAA let's see if Didi gets a bump.

Also tons of scouts at the AA game last night per a post in the game thread.

Trade in the works???
    i think more likely explanation is that he has earned a promotion.

He's blocked by a good prospects in AA at SS and center didn't know about Negron going down at AAA let's see if Didi gets a bump.

Also tons of scouts at the AA game last night per a post in the game thread.
    If Billy Hamilton is truly a top 25 in all of baseball minor league prospect (per some of the mid-season lists), he shouldn't be "blocked" by anyone in the minors portion of the organization. You move others to accommodate such talents when they are ready to move.
    Last edited by membengal; 07-07-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Obviously, the promotion doesn't indicate a trade, but I think a trade is coming.

Again, as I've said before, the Reds aren't paying Joey 225 million smackers to hit with no baserunners all the time. They will be fixing the tablesetter situation.

Around All Star break there usually is movement in the minors. This particular year, I'd guess that it could involve a trade of some prospects. Not suggesting Hamilton will be traded, I'd be shocked if that happened.

Might be an interesting week or two.

Doubt this has anything to do with a trade (of Hamilton at least). You don't promote guys who are thriving in order to trade them. If they take time to adjust to their new level it undercuts their value. Maybe Gregorious is on the block, which would explain the scouts at AA last night.

Hamilton's torched the Cali league. Time to see how he fares in AA.
    Last edited by M2; 07-07-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Doubt this has anything to do with a trade (of Hamilton at least). You don't promote guys who are thriving in order to trade them. If they take time to adjust to their new level it undercuts their value. Maybe Gregorious is on the block, which would explain the scouts at AA last night.

Hamilton's torched the Cali league. Time to see how he fares in AA.
    that's what I was implying. Didi may be on the block, he is an excellent defensive SS right now, the question is will he hit at an acceptable rate in the majors.

I would take Didi hitting over Alicides Escobar of the Royals.

I am at the stadium now waiting for Trent Richardson. Gates open at 4 today. Didi along with JC had their luggage with them. I am betting they are the two called up on Monday.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Not sure what his balue is on the trade market is for Didi right now and I certainly wouldn't balk at including him in a deal if it was necessary to improve the big club. As a LH MI prospect I wouldn't mind seeing him as the Reds backup SS in a year or two, if nothing else.

Gregorious (L) , HRod (B), Frazier (R), a backup catcher and right and left-handed OFs could make a solid becnh in a year or two down the road.

They may wait another two weeks or so to let him fully rebound from his time on the DL, but It would not shock me to see them move Lutz to Pensacola and possibly Mills to Louisville. Josh Feldhauer and Ryan LaMarre are a couple more names I could see on the bus to L'Ville if they want to start moving OF's up the ladder.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-07-2012 at 04:52 PM.

I certainly don't mind the Reds trading Gregorius (or any prospect at this point) for the right piece to win now. However, as far as Gregorius' future in the Reds organization, I don't think he's blocked at SS. I've been happy with Cozart - good defense and decent bat - but I don't see him as blocking Gregorious. By all accounts, Gregorious is an even better defender than Cozart and his hitting for average may be better too (although Cozart certainly looks to have the power advantage).

Turn Off Ads?