Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Peter Bragan, Jax Suns Owner dies

Peter Bragan, Jax Suns Owner dies

For you old-timers (like me) Peter Bragan was part of the baseball Bragan family that included 3 time manager Bobby Bragan his older brother.

I know the Reds don't "roll" this way, but Bobby Bragan Jr, indicated he would sell the club when his father passed away. The Reds could buy the club and secure a permanent home in Jax.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Peter Bragan, Jax Suns Owner dies

Serious question, with their spring training and rookie facility out in AZ does it make sense to plunk down on a Florida affiliate? I'm all for stability (and think it's a shame the Reds are no longer partnered with Chattanooga), but I'm not seeing a connection with Jacksonville.

Just from a geography standpoint I'd like to see the Reds wind up in the Western division of the Eastern League.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

There is no connection to Jacksonville. But the Reds have been in the Southern League since 1988, so I assume they like it here. They are not in Chattanooga because the owner there didn't want them anymore.

So this would be an opportunity to create their own destiny. And lock up an affiliate. Some franchises like the Braves are being aggressive in this regard. The Reds have shown little interest.

I bet the Brewers would do it in a heartbeat. Its hard for MLB teams to turn down brand new stadiums. The White Sox were set on leaving Birmingham but once they heard new stadium and a baseball only facility they changed their minds. The main reason why the Barons want to return to the city is because the Barons nor the White Sox ever had a say so in what went on inside Regions park. HS football has always been king since the Softball Olympic games.

That Marlins & Jacksonville partnership just makes too much sense for both clubs.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    I bet the Brewers would do it in a heartbeat. Its hard for MLB teams to turn down brand new stadiums. The White Sox were set on leaving Birmingham but once they heard new stadium and a baseball only facility they changed their minds. The main reason why the Barons want to return to the city is because the Barons nor the White Sox ever had a say so in what went on inside Regions park. HS football has always been king since the Softball Olympic games.

That Marlins & Jacksonville partnership just makes too much sense for both clubs.
    I agree the Marlins/Jax pairing makes sense. Although a Rays/Jax does also.

Turn Off Ads?