Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: July 7th, 2012 - Reds at Fathers

Re: July 7th, 2012 - Reds at Fathers

Alonso strikes out for the 3rd time tonight. 7 Ks for Bailey. 3-3 after 6.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not absolving Bruce of blame, he should have had it. But I mean, he makes so many great plays, eventually you are going to screw up. It's human nature. Heisey...not so many great plays in the outfield.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Not the place to debate, but my feeling is that if a guy is your "star" catcher of the future you got to play him more often than not, especially after being up for 4 months or so.

Just my opinion and I will leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm not absolving Bruce of blame, he should have had it. But I mean, he makes so many great plays, eventually you are going to screw up. It's human nature. Heisey...not so many great plays in the outfield.
    What did Heisey do wrong? Expecting guys to throw guys at the plate is completely unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Let's go get some runs back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Not the place to debate, but my feeling is that if a guy is your "star" catcher of the future you got to play him more often than not, especially after being up for 4 months or so.

Just my opinion and I will leave it at that.
    I think it has to be at least 50/50 for the simple fact Hanigan tends to wear down and start playing less effectively when he plays as much as he has. So I agree but from a different side of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    What did Heisey do wrong? Expecting guys to throw guys at the plate is completely unfair.
    If it was just the second throw no one would have said a peep. But it is not unreasonable to expect a closer play on the first ball.

No its not - not the Maybin play, the 2nd one maybe even yes

Agree completely. And on the second one, the runner had a great jump and wasn't being thrown out.

No equivalence there. Bruce dropped a fly ball. Heisey didn't throw out guys at home plate from the outfield on singles . Not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If it was just the second throw no one would have said a peep. But it is not unreasonable to expect a closer play on the first ball.
    Maybin is pretty fast. I'm not saying either throws were particularly impressive, but I'm not going to get on somebody for not gunning somebody down at the plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I wasn't referring to Heisey not looking good in that inning specifically. I was responding to "why Heisey is a whipping boy and not Bruce".
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Good start. Hesiey needs to get him in!

Frazier broken bat single to left.

Frazier continues to hit.

Reds need to get Arredondo up in the pen. Or Marshall if lefties are coming up.

Need to hit for Bailey this inning if men on base.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Frazier continues to hit.

Reds need to get Arredondo up in the pen. Or Marshall if lefties are coming up.

Need to hit for Bailey this inning if men on base.
    Agreed.

Turn Off Ads?