Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My All-Star Break Moves

My All-Star Break Moves

1) DFA Scott Rolen & Wilson Valdez

2) Trade Drew Stubbs to anyone that will take him for an adequate bullpen arm.

3) Call up Dioner Navarro, Henry Rodriguez, & Joey Gaithright.

My new everyday starting lineup is:

Philips 2b
    Heisey CF
    Votto 1b
    Ludwick LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3b
    Cozart SS
    Mes/Hanny C

Bench:
    You now have 2 switch hitters, a LHH, Cairo, & Mesoraco. 3 easy tweaks, cuts down on Baker's ability to butcher the lineup and give a more balanced roster for the stretch run. I don't want the Reds gutting any more prospects for a bat unless it is an All-Star caliber like Upton, Willingham, etc.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My All-Star Break Moves

None of those things will happen.

How u doin

you would fired within 2 seasons as a GM.

i would hire a new hitting coach.. Kevin Mitchell or Dave Parker (both had power and could hit .300).. Jacoby needs to go.

Stubbs needs to be gone as well.. Span for Stubbs works for me..

DFA Rolen and Cairo

Trade Stubbs, Bray and Sulbaran to the Twins for Ben Revere

Call up H Rodriguez and Felix Perez

Send LeCure to AAA, call up Hoover and D Joseph

Promote Gregorius to AAA, as well as LaMarre

New lineup:

Revere
    Phillips
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Mesoraco
    Cozart

Bench:

H Rodriguez
    F Perez
    Heisey
    Valdez
    Hanigan

Bullpen:

Chapman
    Marshall
    Ondrusek
    Arredondo
    Hoover
    Joseph
    Simon

How u doin

The thing about Drew Stubbs is that I just feel he is always trying to hit for home runs rather then just trying to get on base the guy won't accept that he is not a power hitter.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post

Philips 2b
    Heisey CF
    Votto 1b
    Ludwick LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3b
    Cozart SS
    Mes/Hanny C

Bench:
    You now have 2 switch hitters, a LHH, Cairo, & Mesoraco. 3 easy tweaks, cuts down on Baker's ability to butcher the lineup and give a more balanced roster for the stretch run. I don't want the Reds gutting any more prospects for a bat unless it is an All-Star caliber like Upton, Willingham, etc.
    Wilson Valdez has turned into a solid backup guy, I think I would leave him on the team. As far as Navarro and Gaithright, they are not major league players in my opinion. I don't know much about Rodriguez so I can't say what i think about him. I do think we need to make a move for a #4 hitter tho. I think if we made the moves you suggest it would make the majority of the fan base happy, I just don't know if it would improve much.

the problem with Stubbs? he did ZERO in the off season to improve on 205 strike-outs (Admitted to this during spring training). refuses to shorten his swing..(He did when Edmonds was here), refuses to bunt for base hits/ Loves to take strike 3 right down the middle/ when running to 1st he is fast, but fly balls that drop in front of him in CF, he doesnt use the same speed and lest them fall in, which means a lousy jump in front of him/ AND. CANT STEAL bases like he shoulkd when he does get on and Dusty keeps throwing him out there because his reasoning is he is fast.. big deal, cant steal 1st.!!!

Hiesey hits and sits.. Stubbs doesnt hit and plays.. where is the logic??

now 0-29 another strike out tonight to start..GRRRR

Dioner Navarro is a former All-Star and his hitting .350 in AAA. He deserves a shot IMO and having a 3rd catcher allows you to use Hanny or Mes as a PH also. Gaithright isn't great but he is a speedy LHH CF with some major league experience that can fill in as a 4th/5th OF. I see my proposed moves as a way to get rid of the RH positional player glut, get a little younger, and maximize flexibility in house.

make that 0-30 with 2 more K's... dusty your a genius!!! NOT

I don't get why everyone is against Navarro.....a LH bat who plays catcher, what is not to like?? We have watched W Harris and Costanza for LH bats...why not a former all-star?

I say put together a package centered around Stubbs and a minor league arm for Shane Victorino.

Wilson Valdez is what they expected, he was a .242 career hitter when they signed him. He is a bench guy that can play almost every position. You need one of this guys on every team

And there is not reason to DFA Rolen since baseball contracts are guaranteed. Just DL him for the rest of the season no reason to rub his face in being released. Plus you then have insurance in case Frazier goes down

Philips 2b
    Heisey CF
    Votto 1b
    Ludwick LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3b
    Cozart SS
    Mes/Hanny C

Bench:
    I could live with that for sure but I would rather ...

1) Retire Scott Rolen & offer him a coaching position at his current salary specifically to coach up Frazier the remainder of the season.

2) Send Drew Stubbs to Louisville and see if they can somehow help him become a better contact hitter.

3) Call up Dioner Navarro, & Joey Gaithright.

CF Gathright
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    3B Frazier
    RF Bruce
    LF Ludwick
    C Hanoraco
    SS Cozart

Bench:
    You now have 1 switch hitter who can catch on occasion, a Valdez - whatever, Cairo, other catcher and supersub HiC on the bench. 3 easy tweaks, cuts down on Baker's ability to butcher the lineup and give a more balanced roster for the stretch run. I don't want the Reds gutting any more prospects for a bat unless it is Dexter Fowler.

Turn Off Ads?