Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 7/8/12 - Reds @ SD Fathers

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: 7/8/12 - Reds @ SD Fathers

It scares me to think Chapman might hit someone someday with that 100+ mph fastball.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

And this one belongs to the Reds!

we're still good!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Nice snag, young man!
    Pads fans flashing the leather this series.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

6-5 road trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    6-5 road trip.
    Quite satisfying and it belongs to the starting pitching more than anything

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Quite satisfying and it belongs to the starting pitching more than anything
    Well, I'm quite satisfied with the starting pitching, but I'm FAR from satisfied with the 6-5 record on this trip. Easily should've been 8 wins or better. EASILY. The failure of the hitters to produce the fundamental plays simply killed this road trip. The baserunning blunders, the failure to advance runners, the failure to score runners from 3rd with NO OUTS...yeah, I'm far from satisfied.

Well, I'm quite satisfied with the starting pitching, but I'm FAR from satisfied with the 6-5 record on this trip. Easily should've been 8 wins or better. EASILY. The failure of the hitters to produce the fundamental plays simply killed this road trip. The baserunning blunders, the failure to advance runners, the failure to score runners from 3rd with NO OUTS...yeah, I'm far from satisfied.
    I agree with you 100%, however even with all those miscues a 6-5 trip isn't so bad. At least we are on a 3 gme winning streak heading into the break. In 2010 we were swept, and in 2011 we lost 3 of 4. 9 games over now. not too shabby for all our close 1 run losses. Hopefully we continue to get great starting pitching and we will be playing in October.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Walt needs to address lead off hitter and left field during the break. Will he? I think he will even if it's Juan Pierre.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I predicted 5-6, they did one better. I'm satisfied with those results for a West Coast swing. Don't forget, the Cards started their slide on a very poor trip out West.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Walt needs to address lead off hitter and left field during the break. Will he? I think he will even if it's Juan Pierre.
    I'd welcome Pierre at this point, if they can get him for nothing much. They really could use 2-3 upgrades at the plate, no matter who they are, this lineup really will do much of nothing again in the post season if Walt thinks he can lean this heavily on pitching all the time here.

Any ways, not a bad trip, we have a good team, I will not be happy if they sit on their hands during the break, including maybe calling up someone like H-Rod and putting some pressure on these guys who are not carrying their weight, by adding a bat or two.

That game represented the nadir of clutch hitting in our time...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Votto, Bruce, and Phillips all stole their 5th base of the season today.
    It's like none of them thought the catcher could throw them out...do they know him?

As far as the Reds leadoff hitter problems...they have the solution but he's always batting 4th. Hopefully, a right-handed cleanup hitter can be acquired to force BP into the leadoff spot.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    It's like none of them thought the catcher could throw them out...do they know him?

As far as the Reds leadoff hitter problems...they have the solution but he's always batting 4th. Hopefully, a right-handed cleanup hitter can be acquired to force BP into the leadoff spot.
    Agree. But you know Dusty. I respect the manager's position, but batting two hitters below .300 in OBP ahead of Votto is criminal. Move BO up and hit Frazier or Ludwick cleanup. Novel idea, but what the hay. Pitching is good and worth a try. Ain't gonna happen.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Good pinch hitting choice for Ludwick. Frazier up. Bases juiced, 1 down.
    Frazier pinch hit for Marshall. Ludwick left the game as part of a double switch in the previous inning.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?