5. Bruce 9
    6. Ludwick 7
    7. Rolen 5
    8. Hanigan 2
    9. Cueto 1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds @ Padres....Game 4

Cueto should bury these guys.

Positive numbers of Frazier, Heisey and Ludwick simply carry zero weight with Dusty.....negative numbers of those 3 carry triple weight.

Negative numbers of Stubbs, Rolen, Bruce, Cozart, Phillips are never weighed.

Pirates about to take 3/4 from the Giants. Very disappointing series for San Fran

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I can't find the humor. There simply would not have been an Iron Horse if Dusty was managing the Yankees in the early 20's.....and on the days Gehrig did get to play....he and Babe would have to be split up.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

What's giving up 350 OPS points (Frazier: 0.905....Rolen: 0.555) when you can get to see how the game should be played?

Bakers Dozen

Do the Pirates play any good teams? These guys are running so +EV so far this year. How soft can their schedule get? And they avoid Lincecum who has found his game a little.

Past month they have played 3 legit teams, actually 2 (I don't consider the Cards legit, some of you may) 2 legit teams! Reds & Orioles. What did they go in those games? 1-5. God their schedule is soft. Glad to see their last 10 games of the season are against the Mets, Reds, & Braves. If they are neck and neck with us down the stretch we'll see how ****ing good the Pirates are then. They are cleaning house against their soft schedule. Won't have that luxury down the stretch where the men separate from the boys.
    Last edited by PumpFak3First; 07-08-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post
    Do the Pirates play any good teams? These guys are running so +EV so far this year. How soft can their schedule get? And they avoid Lincecum who has found his game a little.

Past month they have played 3 legit teams, actually 2 (I don't consider the Cards legit, some of you may) 2 legit teams! Reds & Orioles. What did they go in those games? 1-5. God their schedule is soft. Glad to see their last 10 games of the season are against the Mets, Reds, & Braves. If they are neck and neck with us down the stretch we'll see how ****ing good the Pirates are then. They are cleaning house against their soft schedule. Won't have that luxury down the stretch where the men separate from the boys.
    The Pirates remind me of the 99 Reds so far. Retreads having a career year coupled with a good young player having a career year. I think they will end up with the same fate.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post

We avoided Lincecum this past time. We avoid Strasburg twice....avoided Kershaw, avoid Johan and Dickey. Played Dodgers without Kemp and Ethier. Played Braves without Chipper and McCann.

Schedule tougher but we've been fortunate catching teams like that.

Gotta play good ball. If we don't make the playoffs because the Pirates beat us out....then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Since late April:

Drew Stubbs .192 (43 starts)

Chris Heisey .286 (40 starts...15 when Stubbs was out)

I think I read we had a favorable 2nd half schedule. We'll be alright. The Pirates aren't going to win 9 out of every 11 games all year long, or whatever kinda streak they're on.

Bakers Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    We avoided Lincecum this past time. We avoid Strasburg twice....avoided Kershaw, avoid Johan and Dickey. Played Dodgers without Kemp and Ethier. Played Braves without Chipper and McCann.

Schedule tougher but we've been fortunate catching teams like that.

Gotta play good ball. If we don't make the playoffs because the Pirates beat us out....then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Oh I wasn't saying we haven't had our breaks, every team has. I clearly remember avoiding Stras a few times, I just decided today to look deeper into why the Pirates are where they are. Hey you beat who they put in front of you, but like I said if it's close down the stretch I love our chances considering they play 3 legit teams back to back to back for the first time all year. Reds just need to put themselves in the proper position for the final push once we get into the 2nd half and we'll be completely fine. Believe that 100%

Clint Hurdle does a nice job with the young/scrappy teams.

Avoided Lincecum? I would face him anyday lol.

Charlie Sheen looks to be enjoying our west coast trip.

Turn Off Ads?