Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Time for a new wave of negativity.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Time for a new wave of negativity.

Dear Redzoners,

If you are like me, you enjoy watching the Reds, especially when they are doing well.

To have the third best record in the National League at the all star break, despite playing seven more games on the road, is something that makes me pretty happy.

We are currently on a pace to win 90 games (89.58 really)... But if you looked at the majority of posts on the zone, you would think we were going to finish 54-108.

As if that wasn't enough, things are about to get worse... Much worse. After the break...Even if the Reds retake first in the next few weeks, the board is going to be full of outrage. Why? Because one of three things is sure to happen, the Reds will sit tight, trade the wrong player or acquire the wrong player. It doesn't matter which players are involved... Unless the team acquires a perennial all-star and only gives up players that we were about to drop, the downers are going to be furious.

Negativity is contagious here so be careful. Our rotation has been fantastic the last couple of weeks, but if you look at the game threads, I am not sure there has been a single game where someone hasn't posted that the starter "...just didn't have it that day." within the first three innings. For the downers, anytime a pitcher gives up consecutive base runners, he is off that day. If he gives up more than one run in an inning, he becomes the weak link in the rotation, and if he does that in consecutive games, he has no future and we should trade him ASAP.

The worst thing is that no one is ever wrong in their negative predictions! Does that mean every negative prediction turns out right?
    No... It just means that the downers predict the downfall of every player on the roster (even Votto soon) and then only remind you of the one or two players they were right about. Then list 10 players that need to be traded for and ten players we should trade... And then remind you of the one of those ten that actually lived up to their prediction.

Huge shout out to KC61 here, because he did something I seldom see...he was negative about Frazier, but then has gone out of his way to repeatedly mention that he was wrong. That's class in my book.

Anyway.... This rant is just to say I am loving this season, and I love sharing the highs with the folks on the zone despite the constant negative static.

Here's to a great second half for the Reds... No matter which players are or are not on the roster/lineup.
    Last edited by Brisco; 07-08-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Typo

Turn Off Ads?