Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for a new wave of negativity.

Re: Time for a new wave of negativity.

Given the lack of accountability by the local media on Dusty I can see why he enjoys managing in Cincy

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Given the lack of accountability by the local media on Dusty I can see why he enjoys managing in Cincy

I have no problem with labeling myself a metaphorical "Kool aid drinker" in terms of the Reds. I like watching them and Ilike how they represent the city of Cincinnati. I think folks often get confused by our democratic system of government and think that everything in life must be accountable to their opinion.

Please tell me, anyone... What is wrong with being a "kool aid drinker" in terms of rooting for your team?

For me being a fan of a sports team is like being a fan of the weather where you live. Either your a fan of the weather where you live or you move.... 'cause no matter how many times you may want to whine and complain about the weather... Nothing you say is ever going to make a difference, other than add to the noise pollution.

That said, I love listening to debates about the team between fans... But not the whiners. You can tell the difference, btw. A fan is saddened by a loss... A whiner is angry. A fan is mature enough to accept the things he cannot change... A whiner never will be.
    Last edited by Brisco; 07-09-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Typo

So being angry over a loss is whining? Everyone is supposed to be awww shucks, we will get them next time? I think doing the same thing over and over and over again with the same or worse results should allow for fans to be a little angry at some moves when given the line of bs that Dusty throws around. I get that Dusty is a players manager, well liked, and he has done a great job AT TIMES. However, you would think the Pattersons, Taveras, and Stubbs trials at the plate would lead to a different approach.

Do I want Stubbs to fail to prove that I am right? What good would that do? I love the Reds, whoever is at the plate or in the field I want them to do well. But others who are not playing much are doing it better than the guy getting the at bats. To me that is confusing.

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kcbuckeye22 View Post
    Am I bitter....yes.

This is why

Rolen over Frazier

Stubbs slumping/not wanting to listen to coaches/striking out. While Ludwick seems to be coming around.

The 9th inning blunder in game one in SD.

Charging Chapman out for 4 blown saving when he was obviously off.

Starters getting QSs without the Offense.

Speed vs OBP. Leadoff and 2 Hole. This is a disservice to Votto. Hanny can score on the doubles Joeys putting up.

Dusty has control. I just want him to do something about it.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results." -Albert Einstein
    9 games over .500

Good luck getting rid of Maker.

Turn Off Ads?