Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We may have Charlie Sheen, but the Cards have Hamm

Re: We may have Charlie Sheen, but the Cards have Hamm

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Agreed. Best show on television right now.
    Great Show, but I'll take Breaking Bad as the answer to the Best show on TV right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Probably a handful of other Celeb Reds fans that don't get the run of Charlie Sheen and Nic LeShay (sp?) and their Reds interest.

I don't know any of these for sure, but might as well start with Charlie's brother & father. With Martin growing up in Dayton, if he's a baseball fan at all, you have to figure he grew up rooting for Big Klu or Wally Post.

How 'bout the girl that does the voice of Bart Simpson? or another former kettering resident Rob Loe?

And then I know I've seen a bunch of guys in rap videos sporting Cincy Reds hats. Can't tell you who they all were, but you've got to figure of few of them are fans of the team

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Great Show, but I'll take Breaking Bad as the answer to the Best show on TV right now.
    Good point. I'll give the Tony LaRussa answer of "tied for first".

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Good point. I'll give the Tony LaRussa answer of "tied for first".
    to each their own, and I enjoy Mad Men very much, but nothing takes me on an emotional rollercoaster like Walter White. Its not even close in my book.

to each their own, and I enjoy Mad Men very much, but nothing takes me on an emotional rollercoaster like Walter White. Its not even close in my book.
    I love how he went from a great teacher with moral values to the meth king of the South West. Crazy development for that character.

I don't know any of these for sure, but might as well start with Charlie's brother & father. With Martin growing up in Dayton, if he's a baseball fan at all, you have to figure he grew up rooting for Big Klu or Wally Post.
    Martin Sheen is definitely a Reds fan.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Just digging this thread back up. Apparently Darius Rucker (country music singer, former front man for Hootie & the Blowfish) is a huge Reds fan. He's supposed to be singing the National Anthem tomorrow night.

@dariusrucker

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Just digging this thread back up. Apparently Darius Rucker (country music singer, former front man for Hootie & the Blowfish) is a huge Reds fan. He's supposed to be singing the National Anthem tomorrow night.

@dariusrucker
    Nick Lachey tweeted last night that he's singing the anthem tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Maybe it's a duet.

Perhaps one is doing "God Bless America"?

Darius just straightened it out:

Darius Rucker ‏@dariusrucker

Sorry y'all. I'm actually trying to sing at game 4 for the reds. If not needed it will be the next series.

I'd much rather have Foxy Shazam sing the anthem.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

FYI: Kirk Herbstreit of college football fame is going to be at the game tomorrow night and he said he'll be at Wednesday's too if it becomes necessary. He's been tweeting a LOT about the Reds since they clinched and I think his college football fans are starting to get annoyed with him. He answers their football questions but keeps tweeting great stuff about the Reds anyway, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I can't be the only one that would prefer the UC Marching Band or something to a parade of D-list singers.

Granted I'm not going to spend much time complaining about the singer of the national anthem at a REDS HOME PLAYOFF GAME.

Turn Off Ads?