Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you prefer

Re: Would you prefer

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    The only time I could see rooting against your favorite team is if they signed a murderer or something like that.
    What if the murderer hit left handed and could play the outfield?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    The bottom line as always is team performance.
    Well Dusty is the only manager to take the Reds to the playoffs in the last 17 years. Clearly not all on those past managers but facts are facts.

This year he has taken a team with some significant flaws to a 47-38 record and in position to make another postseason appearance.

The results speak loud and clear. Unfortunately, the Dusty haters are blind to them.

I will choose A. However, I don't see an extension for Dusty to just make the playoffs. I think this Reds team has been built to win in Bob's eyes. Cueto and Latos give the Reds a solid one-two punch as much as anyone in the NL and we tout one of the best pens in all the majors. IMHO, all this team needs is one or two LH bats for ph or spot starting duties. Think about this for a minute, our INF is set for the next 3 years as well as Rf and Catcher along with our top of the rotation.

Reds win WS and Dusty pulls a Larussa.

There are people who hate Dusty more than they enjoy winning? Something off about that.

xsteve1

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Well Dusty is the only manager to take the Reds to the playoffs in the last 17 years. Clearly not all on those past managers but facts are facts.

This year he has taken a team with some significant flaws to a 47-38 record and in position to make another postseason appearance.

The results speak loud and clear. Unfortunately, the Dusty haters are blind to them.
    Totally agree with this. I hope Dusty gives the haters a big ole Lou Brown.

Drew Gehrig chooses A

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    What if the murderer hit left handed and could play the outfield?
    74% of murderers are left-handed.

You didn't know?

If, after three years as Reds' manager, a three-and-out shellacking in the 2010 NLDS merited Baker a two-year extension, just think what sort of contract BOB might offer him after a WS appearance.

Baker's record as manager of the Cincinnati Reds:

W: 369 L: 364

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    If, after three years as Reds' manager, a three-and-out shellacking in the 2010 NLDS merited Baker a two-year extension, just think what sort of contract BOB might offer him after a WS appearance.

Baker's record as manager of the Cincinnati Reds:

W: 369 L: 364
    so ur saying after a world series he does not deserve a new contract if he wins?

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    so ur saying after a world series he does not deserve a new contract if he wins?
    If the Reds win the World Series this year with Baker as manager, I'll take a one-year hiatus from criticizing him.

I don't think I have anything to worry about in that regard.

But look at his record. Barely over .500.

I choose B. And I don't hate Dusty. But it is entirely possible that I am not a real Reds fan.I grew up watching/listening to them in the 60's, and I loved the whole Dave Bristol/BRM thing.

But I cooled after they traded Tony in 76. Have never really gotten it back. I watch regularly and hope they win. But when Dusty starts Stubbs and bats him 2nd, I become so despondent I have to have a couple drinks to make it through the warm-ups.

So, yeah. If losing this year means no more Stubbs, count me in.

The Reds haven't won in recent years because of Dusty Baker, they've won in spite of him. That correlation is certainly not causation. He was handed a MUCH better team than was given to those who came before him, and you can thank the FO, Walt, and the drafts/trades/signings for that.

We're winning games, sure. But we could (and should) be winning more. Of course I want to make the playoffs this year, and every year. But even if we do, I want Dusty gone.

My buddy and I had this same conversation at the beggining of the season.
    The whole time I was wishing for a 0 -20 start by the Reds so they would fire Dusty and then make a turn around and a trip to the playoffs.

I would settle for making the playoffs and not offering Dusty more than another 1 year contract. If he chooses to not except WIN WIN!!

I vote for B, but let me make this clear. I AM NOT ROOTING AGAINST THE REDS. I want them to win and make the playoffs, I am just not upset after a loss unless it is to StL. If we win and make the playoffs that fine. I am still rooting for them to win...I just want Dusty gone.

Turn Off Ads?