Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn State / Jerry Sandusky Pt. II

Re: Penn State / Jerry Sandusky Pt. II

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Right now, maybe. But when it was originally reported to him about the shower incident?

If Paterno were that 'gone' for 10 years, he should have been let go of his duties a long time ago.
    I don't think "sodomy" was ever a part of his vocabulary. His generation never talked about such stuff

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't think "sodomy" was ever a part of his vocabulary. His generation never talked about such stuff
    Of course they did. They just called it something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Sodomy was never mentioned by McQueary 10 years ago to Paterno.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sodomy was never mentioned by McQueary 10 years ago to Paterno.
    I don't think we can know exactly what was said since we weren't there but I agree that Paterno did not come out of that conversation thinking that a rape of a kid occured

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I disagree. In talking to other people Paterno's age, I don't get the impression that anal rape was discussed in any form

I disagree. In talking to other people Paterno's age, I don't get the impression that anal rape was discussed in any form
    Joe was in a locker room for the majority of his life. You don't think he ever heard any synonyms for the word sodomy? Joe was also a practicing Catholic. You don't think he ever heard people talking about what priests did to boys?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Joe was in a locker room for the majority of his life. You don't think he ever heard any synonyms for the word sodomy? Joe was also a practicing Catholic. You don't think he ever heard people talking about what priests did to boys?
    Or even stories of it from the bible?

Buggering

I'm not Catholic, but I'm guessing that topic of conversation isn't very prevalent in Catholic churches.

So, what did all the old Catholics think that scandal was about?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I'm not Catholic, but I'm guessing that topic of conversation isn't very prevalent in Catholic churches.
    More than likely not but I'm not Catholic either and I knew about that scandal.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Kinda like a black eye.

My parents generation was the generation that really experienced the abuse by the priests. There are stories about priest taking high school aged kids to an athletic club to swim and would end up showering after they were done. In hindsight it seemed odd but at the time they said no one really raised an eye. This was also the time that after gym class everyone would shower nowadays that would be taboo.

There were priests you knew were guilty, there were priests you suspected may be guilty, and there were also priests who were accused in a witch hunt only to be cleared later. At the end of the day the church did their best to sweep everything under the rug. In Cincinnati I thought they should have hammered the Bishop who was in charge. Now it isn't talked about much in church circles.

I think the idea of male anal sex is common knowledge. Playing dumb, it isn't just for children anymore.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

My grandpa was born in Cincinnati and lived most of his adult life in Troy when he passed away in his 80s in 2001. Catholic born and raised. He could tell you what sodomy was. In fact I think it was more commonly used in the past because it was the biblical term. Paterno's family isn't doing him any favors by trying to make him look like some ignorant old-timer. It runs counter to what others have said about the control and influence he exerted in State College. They're more likely to tick off the victims and their families and increase the chances that the victims will go after Patereno's estate as a co-defendant in any civil suits against Penn State.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Did anyone notice that Penn State had a moment of silence for the child abuse victims before their game on Saturday? What a crazy thing to do. Who thought that one up? The smartest thing PSu can do now is to quit reminding everyone of what happened. Move on and play football

Turn Off Ads?