Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
At the end of the day:

1. They still play in the Big 10 w/ the Big 10 TV deal in place
2. They still have fantastic facilities
3. They still have an enormous donating alumni base.

They're losing a few scholarships. They'll still have 65 D-1, BCS-level athletes. It's not like they're going to turn into Ball State because of this. They'll still win football games, they'll still sell out Beaver Stadium, and they'll still make money.

It's not like they were sniffing national titles before all this went down anyway. It'll be "business as usual" for Penn State this time a year from now, IMO. If they would've been banned from TV or kicked out of the Big 10, it would've been a different story.
The NCAA took away the TV bans a few yrs ago at the request of the Networks. The NCAA likes to talk tough but when the networks start handing out millions that tough talk goes away quick.

As for the facilities and the donations I don't see how you could ever take these away from a school. PSU had great facilities and alumni before the scandal and will continue having those after the scandal.

Not sure what you are looking for here. These penalties have killed this program. The team will not be competitive for 10+ years going forward. The team will be out of the spotlight and the only kids who will want their name associated with PSU are maybe the sons and daughters of alumni. Christ I don't even like telling people I was born and raised in Pennsylvania because of this scandal.