Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn State / Jerry Sandusky Pt. II

Re: Penn State / Jerry Sandusky Pt. II

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Did anyone notice that Penn State had a moment of silence for the child abuse victims before their game on Saturday? What a crazy thing to do. Who thought that one up? The smartest thing PSu can do now is to quit reminding everyone of what happened. Move on and play football
    It may not have been "smart" to show compassion, but I'll give them credit for trying.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Did anyone notice that Penn State had a moment of silence for the child abuse victims before their game on Saturday? What a crazy thing to do. Who thought that one up? The smartest thing PSu can do now is to quit reminding everyone of what happened. Move on and play football
    It's fairly ironic that their form of tribute is the same as the way they chose to deal with the allegations of abuse...

If they had done nothing, editorials would have been written about it. Damned if they do, damned if they don't, which is really exactly what they deserve.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    If they had done nothing, editorials would have been written about it. Damned if they do, damned if they don't, which is really exactly what they deserve.
    yep
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Was Jerry Sandusky Catholic? Is that where he learned this behavior?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    I know this is meant to be a joke.... but no.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    Not cool or funny at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    They're getting bad press anyway. They can't make their decisions based on the press.

They're getting bad press anyway. They can't make their decisions based on the press.
    Then they should make their decisions based on what they believe is the right thing to do, right? Which could very well be what they did by having a moment of silence for the victims, and what you called a crazy thing to do based on what the reaction to it would be.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-...icle-1.1163303

A Philadelphia man who claims to have been paid to have sex with former Poly Prep football coach Phil Foglietta in 1979 as part of an alleged pedophile ring that included Jerry Sandusky sent an email to several Poly Prep officials on Monday - including current headmaster David Harman - detailing the explosive allegation.

Greg Bucceroni, 48, also sent the email to Kevin Mulhearn, the Orangeburg, N.Y., attorney who represents 12 men who sued the school, alleging Poly Prep officials knew that Foglietta was a sexual predator but covered it up for decades in order to protect the elite institution's reputation and fund-raising efforts.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Now the state of Pennsylvania is suing the NCAA asking that all sanctions be dropped based on the idea that they were excessive and that it was not due to a violation of NCAA rules hence they did not have the authority to levy sanctions against them. In other words the violation was a criminal matter not a matter of NCAA rules violations.

I agree with Gov Corbett and wish him luck in this suit:

Corbett said the penalties – a $60 million fine, a four-year ban on bowl games, football scholarship reductions, and the stripping of 14 seasons of football victories under late head coach Joe Paterno – were unfair to the university, its students, and Pennsylvania citizens because the Sandusky criminal matter already is being handled in courts.

The NCAA "piled on ... (punishing) the citizens of Pennsylvania, who had nothing to do with these crimes," Corbett said.

"These sanctions are an attack on the past, present and future students of Penn State, the citizens of our commonwealth and our economy. As governor of this commonwealth, I cannot and will not stand by and let it happen without a fight," Corbett said.

He said the NCAA's actions were unlawful and overreaching, and that it essentially forced Penn State to accept the sanctions under the threat that if the school didn't accept them, the NCAA would impose on the football program a "death penalty" – a suspension from play of a year or more.

The NCAA levied the penalties last July.
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/02...ate-sanctions/

Now the state of Pennsylvania is suing the NCAA asking that all sanctions be dropped based on the idea that they were excessive and that it was not due to a violation of NCAA rules hence they did not have the authority to levy sanctions against them. In other words the violation was a criminal matter not a matter of NCAA rules violations.

I agree with Gov Corbett and wish him luck in this suit:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/02...ate-sanctions/
    I think what Penn State did at all levels of the football program, from the janitors to the University President was the epitome of evil. Quite frankly I wish the program had seen the death penalty. The Governor should be ashamed.

These crimes were covered up to protect the football program. These crimes were covered up for the financial gain of the university through the football program. Boys were raped, and this was kept quiet to keep the football program strong. Someone has to pay, and I am glad that the NCAA brought the thunder. This isn't tattoos for jerseys, extra benefits, or strippers for recruits, this is child rape in the locker room we are talking about. NEVER FORGET THAT!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Yes, how dare they have to suffer through 8-4 seasons.

The governor is showing his true colors and his suit reinforces the premise that the culture surrounding the program hasn't changed one bit. If the judge has any sense, he'll tack on an additional year or two. Maybe then it will sink in.
    Last edited by paintmered; 01-02-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Complete lack of institutional control for decades, NCAA was within their rights.

Many Penn St. fans, and clearly the Governor, still don't get it... Pretty sad.

Boys were raped, Penn State officials knew it all the way up to the highest levels, they did nothing to stop it from happening. I would be ashamed if my governor filed a suit in the face of those facts.

Turn Off Ads?