Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn State / Jerry Sandusky Pt. II

Re: Penn State / Jerry Sandusky Pt. II

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ions-sanctions

Jerry Sandusky is upset over the sanctions against Penn State.

Attorney Joe Amendola told The Associated Press in a phone interview that Sandusky told him that even if people believe he is guilty of the crimes for which he was convicted in June, it would be "ridiculous" to think Penn State administrators engaged in a cover-up.
    Jerry needs to shut up.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

He wants to be removed from solitary/protective custody... PLEASE give him what he wants.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ef=mostpopular

A witness interviewed by federal authorities claims convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky and a Penn State booster sexually assaulted boys on a private plane, according to an exclusive RadarOnline report.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Incredibly depressing in a heartsick sort of way, if that makes sense. I've always been a sports fan, but over the years I've seen so many consequences of our global obsession. This is the worst, and it just keeps getting more so. When did we surrender our moral center? Did we ever really have one?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Incredibly depressing in a heartsick sort of way, if that makes sense. I've always been a sports fan, but over the years I've seen so many consequences of our global obsession. This is the worst, and it just keeps getting more so. When did we surrender our moral center? Did we ever really have one?
    If you think that this only happens in sports, you are sadly mistaken.

This isn't a problem where sports - and the money that comes from them - was so overpowering that the powers that be look the other way when child abuse was going on under their noses.

This is an institutional problem where the money and prestige was so overpowering that the powers that be looked the other way when child abuse was going on under their noses. A prime example is the Catholic Church. That's been going on for much, much longer than the Sandusky/Penn State situation. The Boy Scouts too and God knows how many other institutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Read an article about Penn State losing their accreditation over this. Doubt it happens, but that would destroy the University. It is being considered though.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Jerry Sandusky is supposedly working on writing a book while in prison. It will be his second book.

The first book (I'm not kidding) is called "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story"

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Read an article about Penn State losing their accreditation over this. Doubt it happens, but that would destroy the University. It is being considered though.
    That'd be nuts. Why blame the chemistry dept or the humanities over this? A student that studies and earns his degree there still deserves a valid diploma and the benefits of it coming from an accredited school

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Jerry Sandusky is supposedly working on writing a book while in prison. It will be his second book.

The first book (I'm not kidding) is called "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story"
    Every penny of the proceeds should go to sexual abuse groups or the victims. He should never see 1 red cent from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Every penny of the proceeds should go to sexual abuse groups or the victims. He should never see 1 red cent from it.
    He can't, if I understand the law correctly. I'll have to look it up, but I think it's the "Son of Sam" law.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That'd be nuts. Why blame the chemistry dept or the humanities over this? A student that studies and earns his degree there still deserves a valid diploma and the benefits of it coming from an accredited school
    Because the people in charge of the entire University failed to report multiple sexual assault incidents and as part of the law, losing your accreditation is among the penalties that can be used as punishment for that. They make the penalties tough so that you don't even think about not reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Because the people in charge of the entire University failed to report multiple sexual assault incidents and as part of the law, losing your accreditation is among the penalties that can be used as punishment for that. They make the penalties tough so that you don't even think about not reporting it.
    I have no idea if it "can be done", I just hope that's not what happens. PSU has suffered enough

Looks like Paterno and Sandusky weren't really very friendly as a lot of people assumed.

http://gma.yahoo.com/joe-paterno-des...opstories.html
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Looks like Paterno and Sandusky weren't really very friendly as a lot of people assumed.

http://gma.yahoo.com/joe-paterno-des...opstories.html
    That book confirms my suspicions. A lot of this was due to Paterno's age. He didn't know that male on male rape can happen and he wasn't diligent in these later years...

Many of the people who had come to admire Joe Paterno believed that, no matter his own legal role, he should have made sure the incident was reported to the police. 'But, to be honest, that's just not how Joe was in the last years,' said one of the people in his inner circle. 'He was not vigilant like he used to be. I think a younger Joe would've said to Tim after a few days, "Hey what's going on with that Sandusky thing? You guys get to the bottom of that? Let's make sure that's taken care of." But he didn't understand it. And he just wasn't as involved as he used to be,'" the book reads.

Posnanski notes that after Paterno's family convinced him to read the grand jury presentment outlining the charges against Sandusky and two other Penn State officials, the 85-year-old coach asked his son, Scott Paterno, "What is sodomy, anyway?"
    It doesn't excuse it but it does explain how this could happen. As Paterno later admitted, "I wish I had done more", by that I'm sure he means reporting it to police. If he'd made that one phone call, this whole thing would have turned out differently for PSU.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Right now, maybe. But when it was originally reported to him about the shower incident?

If Paterno were that 'gone' for 10 years, he should have been let go of his duties a long time ago.

Turn Off Ads?