Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the Halfway Point of the Season: Who's in Your Top 10?

Re: It's the Halfway Point of the Season: Who's in Your Top 10?

1.Hamilton
    2.Corcino
    3.Stephenson
    4.Trivieso
    5.Winker
    6.Cingrani
    7.Gregorius
    8.Sulbaran
    9.Rahier
    10.Lotzkar

This is like the bizzaro Reds. Arms,arms and more arms. They fill the major league starting rotation and the minors. This is the way things were supposed to be looking in 2003..... They got in in the upper minors and the lower minors. The positional prospects are lacking after the Latos trade, but can be restocked. I tried to mix production and ceiling the best I saw fit. I am not to concerned about Corcino's k/bb "issues" yet. He may be struggling with the jump a bit there. I think that issue would take care of itself in August if he puts up a good month.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

1. Billy Hamilton
    2. Daniel Corcino
    3. Robert Stephenson
    4. Tony Cingrani
    5. Nick Travieso
    6. Jesse Winker
    7. Didi Gregorius
    8. Henry Rodriguez
    9. Kyle Lotzkar
    10. Donald Lutz
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

1. Billy Hamilton
    2. Robert Stephenson
    3. Daniel Corcino
    4. Yorman Rodriquez
    5. Tanner Rahier
    6. Nicholas Travieso
    7. Tony Cingrani
    8. Jesse Winker
    9. Didi Gregorius
    10. Kyle Lotzkar

For those of you who have Corcino so far ahead of Cingrani, why?

They're in the same level and Cingrani's pitched much, much better. I realize Cingrani needs to work on his third pitch, but Corcino needs to work on his control. Too, Cingrani's LH, too, and has a much higher K rate, indicating more movement, better control on his fastball and a more effective off-speed pitch.

Is it doug's opinion that carries so much weight, or is it scouting reports by other supposed experts who likely haven't seen him pitch at all? (Or, being generous, twice in two years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

They're in the same level and Cingrani's pitched much, much better. I realize Cingrani needs to work on his third pitch, but Corcino needs to work on his control. Too, Cingrani's LH, too, and has a much higher K rate, indicating more movement, better control on his fastball and a more effective off-speed pitch.

Is it doug's opinion that carries so much weight, or is it scouting reports by other supposed experts who likely haven't seen him pitch at all? (Or, being generous, twice in two years.)
    Cingrani is older and Corcino skipped a level. That may have slowed his development a bit, but obviously not enough to make him ineffective. We hit AAA next year and Corcino blows up while Cingrani struggles, nobody would be surprised.

Joey Votto put up a inferior AAA season in 2007 than his AA 2006 season, didn't mean much.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

Because no one doubts that Corcino is a starting pitcher and there is still a whole bunch of people out there who aren't convinced that Cingrani is a for sure starter.

Cingrani, in no way, shape or form has a better off speed pitch than that of Corcino. Cingrani's breaking ball is average when it is at its best and more of a 30-40 pitch. His change up is above-average to plus depending on where you look, but he also doesn't throw it. So it isn't really effective. Corcino on the other hand has an above-average to plus slider that he uses well. Corcino's change up is quite a bit better than Cingrani's slider is. That leaves Corcino with much better offspeed stuff and still with an above-average fastball, though not quite the same kind of fastball as Cingrani.

And again, I really think you aren't giving people enough credit if you think BA/BP/Sickels are talking to guys who have only seen Cingrani pitch one or two times in the last two years.

You know that Cingrani skipped a level also, right? Bypassed Dayton and has gone from Rookie Ball to AA in 1 year.

I have confidence in Cingrani being able to handle starting duties at the Major League level but to think he'd be better than a #3 starter is very optimistic imho.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    1. Daniel Corcino
    2. Billy Hamilton
    3. Robert Stephenson
    4. Nick Travieso
    5. Tanner Rahier
    6. Didi Gregorius
    7. Jesse Winker
    8. Henry Rodriguez
    9. Kyle Lotzkar
    10. Tony Cingrani
    LOL

Trolling par excellance.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    LOL

Trolling par excellance.
    Huh?

LOL

Trolling par excellance.
    This might be the most ironic thing I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    This might be the most ironic thing I've ever read.
    Yay, the dougdirt defense team is here!

Whhheeeeee!!!

I am still trying to figure out how I was trolling anything by posting my current Top 10 prospects in a thread about our individual Top 10 prospects....

You put Cingrani 10th. Whatever. Its Stubbs all over again, only in reverse.

Yay, the dougdirt defense team is here!

Whhheeeeee!!!
    mem, I'm with you. I think Doug's underrating Cingrani. But I'm sick of seeing people bringing it up repeatedly, especially without bringing up any new points. Doug's not 100% on board the Cingrani wagon. Cool. If that's trolling, what do you call it when a board member follows around another board member from thread to thread just to point out how ridiculous of an opinion someone has? You're one of my favorite posters, but you're not doing anyone any favors with comments that are bordering on sniping.

Turn Off Ads?