Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Cardinals Friday 7/13

Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Friday 7/13

3-2 offspeed pitch to Stubbs with Votto on deck? Shows how other teams know he'll swing lol.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good Sean or bad Sean?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I don't think they could give Stubbs away at this point.

Jocketty sat on his hands too long (years).

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    If you like I'll look up every one of his 2012 starts. Fact is that Heisey has 3 HR and 19 RBI in 213 AB. On what planet is that considered productive?
    You stated that Heisey hasn't been productive when he's been given "prolonged" playing time. I asked you to provide the dates for when he's had "prolonged" playing time. Ironman did and Heisey hit .318 when given prolonged playing time. If you can't accept that this fact proves that your assertion was not only wrong, but was the opposite of what you said, than this discussion is over as you fail one of the basic steps of being able to have an intelligent discussion, the step of admitting when a statement you've made is wrong when proven to be wrong.

If you like I'll look up every one of his 2012 starts. Fact is that Heisey has 3 HR and 19 RBI in 213 AB. On what planet is that considered productive?
    It's not....but the prolonged starting..that was the first time in his career he's had any stretch of over 13 starts in 3 weeks. His first prolonged opportunity ever and he played CF better than most everyone assumed he would and hit I believe .318 He still did not have a great OB% (.333) and didn't knock in much or score a bunch.....but when has .318 for over a month ever been a negative compared to a guy that just keeps getting worse with continuous playing time his entire career.

Woops Dusty throws me a curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You stated that Heisey hasn't been productive when he's been given "prolonged" playing time. I asked you to provide the dates for when he's had "prolonged" playing time. Ironman did and Heisey his .318 when given prolonged playing time. If you can't accept that this fact proves that your assertion was not only wrong, but was the opposite of what you said, than this discussion is over as you fail one of the basic steps of being able to have an intelligent discussion, the step of admitting when a statement you've made is wrong when proven to be wrong.
    So you are actually trying to assert that Heisey is a productive player? And I have not been proven wrong as the numbers indicate. Like I said, if you want me to provide those exact numbers I will do so. However, anyone who is clamoring for Heisey to be a regular player has not payed attention thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    3-2 offspeed pitch to Stubbs with Votto on deck? Shows how other teams know he'll swing lol.
    It is sad. He needs to be reduced to pinch-hit duties, pinch-run duties (for Rolen and others) and defensive replacement for the rest of the season.

alot of people are wanting Heisey in center but he isnt the answer there either

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Good thing Baker got that irritating Frazier out of the game.

So you are actually trying to assert that Heisey is a productive player? And I have not been proven wrong as the numbers indicate. Like I said, if you want me to provide those exact numbers I will do so. However, anyone who is clamoring for Heisey to be a regular player has not payed attention thus far.
    End of discussion. You've proven you're not capable of discussing something intelligently.

End of discussion. You've proven you're not capable of discussing something intelligently.
    Lovely avoidance of question. Smixsell would be proud.

Lovely avoidance of question. Smixsell would be proud.
    When proven wrong, you change the subject.

When proven wrong, you change the subject.
    My point has been the same....that Heisey is not as productive as many here claim. You are using semantics to try and make a point when the numbers simply prove you wrong.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Anyone else nervous as hell with JA on the hill?
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?