Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday 7/13/2012 Minor League Updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Friday 7/13/2012 Minor League Updates

Billy Hamilton singles up the middle to open game 1 of a DH PEN vs CHAT. Steals second for his second AA SB (106). Steals third for his third AA SB (107) on a 2-0 count. Mills nor Greene could knock him in from third with less than 2 outs. LaMarre lined out to CF for the first out and Bryson Smith BBs.

Cingrani takes the hill for the Wahoos.
    Last edited by powersackers; 07-13-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Re: Friday 7/13/2012 Minor League Updates

He might have 6 stolen bases with the double header.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    He might have 6 stolen bases with the double header.
    In the first game...

Cingrani pitches a scoreless first, striking out a batter with a runner on third with one out.
    David Vidal walks to lead off the Blue Fish second. Vidal gets picked off.
    Last edited by texasdave; 07-13-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Tucker Barnhart was the Reds Minor Leaguer of the Month for June. He hit .382.

FWIW, Wahoo announcer says that Tony Cingrani does a better job than any pitcher he has ever seen at this level of changing speeds with his fastball. He is facing Chattanooga for the second time. He did not fare too well the first time, going only 3.2 IP. He surrendered five hits and issued three bases on balls. He has now set down six in a row. 23 consecutive scoreless innings for Cingrani. During that span he has allowed just 8 hits, walked 8 and fanned 28.
    Last edited by texasdave; 07-13-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    FWIW, Wahoo announcer says that Tony Cingrani does a better job than any pitcher he has ever seen at this level of changing speeds with his fastball.
    So, if he changes fastball speeds at, say, three different velocities, does that, along with the slider, give him four pitches?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    FWIW, Wahoo announcer says that Tony Cingrani does a better job than any pitcher he has ever seen at this level of changing speeds with his fastball.
    Might explain both his success so far and his lack of offspeed success. If you've got different speeds on your fastball and can throw each for strikes, all you need is a changeup.

He apparently has that.

Nice to hear.

and I like the lineup for the first 4 batters:

Billy Hamilton
    Ryan LaMarre
    Bryson Smith
    Beau Mills

I was wrong about Lamarre. He does a little bit of everything correctly. Think i read at a Wahoos game last week that he leads AA players in outfield assists with 14.

I suggested to Tony that he learn a cutter. Its somewhat easy to use and turned Tyler Thornburg's into a prospect. You usually want pitchers that cant throw their slider 4 mph within their fastball range repeatedly to learn it.

Back-to-back singles with two outs by Lamarre and Smith. They are stranded as Mills whiffs.

Slidin' Billy Hamilton now has 272 stolen bases in his minor league career. He has been caught 53 times. That is a .837 success rate. Nice.

Can anyone breakdown milb.tv for me...which of the Reds teams actually have their games on there? And what about archives of non-live games?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Can anyone breakdown milb.tv for me...which of the Reds teams actually have their games on there? And what about archives of non-live games?
    The Louisville Bats are available every night they play. Every AAA team is required to do so, so you will catch them every night.

Pensacola has all of their home games broadcasted and about 25% of their road games.

Bakersfield does not broadcast their games, but have about 10-12 left that will be on Milb.tv as San Jose does participate.

Dayton broadcasts all of their home games, but unless it is a Thursday-Saturday home game, it is hardly worth checking out. Thursday-Saturday are broadcast on TV in the Dayton area, so the production quality is there. Any other game they simply use the scoreboard feed and it isn't good at all.

Billings and the AZL don't participate, but one team in the Billings league does. Unfortunately they are in the wrong division, so Billings will only be available for 3 games later this season.

All games are archived and are almost always available within 24 hours of the games end, though sometimes they are available within two hours of the game being over.

It is easily the best money I spend each year.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The Louisville Bats are available every night they play. Every AAA team is required to do so, so you will catch them every night.

Pensacola has all of their home games broadcasted and about 25% of their road games.

Bakersfield does not broadcast their games, but have about 10-12 left that will be on Milb.tv as San Jose does participate.

Dayton broadcasts all of their home games, but unless it is a Thursday-Saturday home game, it is hardly worth checking out. Thursday-Saturday are broadcast on TV in the Dayton area, so the production quality is there. Any other game they simply use the scoreboard feed and it isn't good at all.

Billings and the AZL don't participate, but one team in the Billings league does. Unfortunately they are in the wrong division, so Billings will only be available for 3 games later this season.

All games are archived and are almost always available within 24 hours of the games end, though sometimes they are available within two hours of the game being over.

It is easily the best money I spend each year.
    Wow, better than I expected, but I should know better from you Doug. Thanks bro.

David Vidal, after really struggling to open his time in AA, has rebounded slightly. Walking more, striking out slightly less, and hitting with more power tends to be a nice recipe for that. A .900 OPS over his last 10 games, including today's 1 for 1 with a BB. He's got about a 0.60 Iso obp in AA, which needs work, but is much, much better than it was when he first got the call.

If Vidal can rebound enough to put up an 800 OPS in AA, he may force the Reds into making a decision about he, Frazier, and Henry Rodriguez all the more quickly. (Of course, they could always keep him in AA next season-- with Rodriguez in AAA-- and Frazier at the major league level, as all three have options galore.)

Turn Off Ads?