Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marty Brennaman

Marty Brennaman

Is Marty still considered a full time employee? Have the Reds have tired of his act and are phasing him out? I don't know why but the revolving wheel of radio broadcasters just drive me crazy.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Can you watch it? Brantley and Thom are good so far.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: Marty Brennaman

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Is Marty still considered a full time employee? Have the Reds have tired of his act and are phasing him out? I don't know why but the revolving wheel of radio broadcasters just drive me crazy.
    I prefer Marty, but why does the revolving wheel drive you crazy? I don't know why you'd let it affect you to that extent.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I prefer Marty, but why does the revolving wheel drive you crazy? I don't know why you'd let it affect you to that extent.
    It was comfortable to turn on the radio and listen to Marty and Joe, now you never know if you get Marty and the Cowboy, Kelch and the Cowboy, Welsh and Mary, Marty and Flynn, Kelch and Flynn, Casey and Marty, Kelch and Casey and the worst of the worst Marty and Thom. I
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

He's getting older, so he is working less.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

It was comfortable to turn on the radio and listen to Marty and Joe, now you never know if you get Marty and the Cowboy, Kelch and the Cowboy, Welsh and Mary, Marty and Flynn, Kelch and Flynn, Casey and Marty, Kelch and Casey and the worst of the worst Marty and Thom. I

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    He's getting older, so he is working less.
    Don't matter,the ''Voice of the Reds'' should work.Vin Scully was calling the Dodgers when they were in Brooklyn,and still calling them fulltime in L.A.Alone too nonetheless.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Have the Reds have tired of his act and are phasing him out?

We can only hope

10. Likes:

REDREAD (08-18-2014)

He is getting older and working less.

Personally I think Marty makes the best calls of any baseball broadcaster I have heard, including Vin Scully. I also love it when he gets angry with the Reds. Usually he echo's my feelings.

Oh yeah, "And This One Belongs To The Reds!" is absolutely goosebump raising when Marty says it after a 9th inning dramatic win.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-29-2014)

Marty is the best in the business. I wish it was always Marty and the Cowboy. I don't care what anyone says, I love Brantley on the radio.

14. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (08-23-2014),Old school 1983 (08-29-2014),Spider Tre (10-20-2014)

Reds and 26.2's

We're spoiled and it's always going to be that way.

We had Marty and Joe for all those years. How do you top that?

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-29-2014)

I can tell you Chris welsh is ok on the tv but is terrible on the radio. Had to turn it off last night. Cowboy and Kelch are pretty good together on the raido. I agree though I don't like the constant changing of the guard. Let kelch cowboy and marty stay on the radio let the rest on the tv and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Marty is the best in the business. I wish it was always Marty and the Cowboy. I don't care what anyone says, I love Brantley on the radio.
    I endorse all opinions in this post.

I like that the Reds have multiple personalities in the TV and radio booths. I enjoy different perspectives. I long ago tired of Marty's act though.

I shouldn't let the cat out of the bag but all of those voices are done by one computer by the name of Sybil.

Turn Off Ads?