Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marty Brennaman

Re: Marty Brennaman

He's on vacation, and then Thom said last night it was his honeymoon. I think he was kidding, maybe it's a 2nd honeymoon kinda thing. Or he is suspended, I don't really know...
    He is still married to Amanda Ingram, at least I think?

As far as working, I think Marty has just made a decision to work less (do what he wants while he still can), he will turn 70 this month.
    I don't think Scully travels anymore, unless it's to San Diego or San Fran.
    Last edited by Falcon7; 07-18-2012 at 11:36 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I also think the play-by-play guy should do all 9 innings. I don't like the swapping; Cowboy and Welsh are terrible at play-by-play, but are great color analysts.

Marty, as far as I remember, never worked play-by-play all 9. He sure as hell isn't going to start now.

I think it is a great idea for him to get away as often as he wishes. He has earned it. Similar to Carson taking Mondays and Fridays off of the Tonight Show. If management doesn't like it, they can retire him. If they don't have the balls, that's their problem.

I agree that Welsh is awkward on radio. Like him on TV, though.

Creepy.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

My memory could be playing tricks on me, but I thought through the 80's and into the 90's Joe would only be by himself for 1 or 2 innings in the middle of the game and Marty would do play-by-play the rest. Then, if I remember correct they went to a 3-3-3 split with Joe doing the 4th, 5th and 6th innings and extra innings (I always hated it when Joe called the end of a win and I didn't get to hear "...and this one belongs to the Reds").
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    He is still married to Amanda Ingram, at least I think?
    That's what I thought too. Ingram is at least 30 years younger than Marty.

Turn Off Ads?