Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marty Brennaman

Re: Marty Brennaman

Like it just the way it was last night. Welsh with Marty, Cowboy with Thom. I was watching a tape of the 75 series and didn'nt remember that Marty did some of the games on NBS with Gowdy, Garigiola and Kubiak. Also the Red Sox announcer did some of the games with them as well. Neat concept. Marty was a lot more enthusiastic about things way back then.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Oh yeah, "And This One Belongs To The Reds!" is absolutely goosebump raising when Marty says it after a 9th inning dramatic win.
    + 1. Love it.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Marty is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua;2662911

Marty is the best in the business.

I wish it was always Marty and the Cowboy.

I don't care what anyone says, I love Brantley on the radio.
    Agreed 1,2,3.

Welsh and Marty on radio is awkward and don't like Kelch.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    Like it just the way it was last night. Welsh with Marty, Cowboy with Thom. I was watching a tape of the 75 series and didn'nt remember that Marty did some of the games on NBS with Gowdy, Garigiola and Kubiak. Also the Red Sox announcer did some of the games with them as well. Neat concept. Marty was a lot more enthusiastic about things way back then.
    Marty was a great announcer at one time.

7. Likes:

dfs (08-13-2014)

Marty has earned time off. I'm just grateful that throughout my life I've always heard him calling the game and have the honor of still hearing it even if it's less than I'd like.

I wish him and Thom would call more together.

Agree 100% with Dirty baker

The day that Marty isn't the Reds play by play guy will be one of the saddest days in Cincinnati. He is Reds baseball as far as I'm concerned. He's grouchy, egotistical sometimes and overly negative. I wouldn't want him to be any other way. He's the best in our business and I can't imagine a summer without hearing him call Reds games. That being said, being older he seems to be getting more vacation time. Good for him because he's too old to have to work 162 games like he use too. The other guys fill in really well so I'm all for letting him take days off.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    The day that Marty isn't the Reds play by play guy will be one of the saddest days in Cincinnati. He is Reds baseball as far as I'm concerned. He's grouchy, egotistical sometimes and overly negative. I wouldn't want him to be any other way. He's the best in our business and I can't imagine a summer without hearing him call Reds games. That being said, being older he seems to be getting more vacation time. Good for him because he's too old to have to work 162 games like he use too. The other guys fill in really well so I'm all for letting him take days off.
    My humble opinion is if Marty is too old to work 162 games then he needs to step aside. He is a bitter old guy who used to be great but now is well....not so good.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    My humble opinion is if Marty is too old to work 162 games then he needs to step aside. He is a bitter old guy who used to be great but now is well....not so good.
    Why should he have to work 162 games when none of the other announcers have too. Everyone gets time off.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Why should he have to work 162 games when none of the other announcers have too. Everyone gets time off.

Tell that to Vin Scully.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I also think the play-by-play guy should do all 9 innings. I don't like the swapping; Cowboy and Welsh are terrible at play-by-play, but are great color analysts.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Tell that to Vin Scully.
    He only works home and west coast games

Did Marty come back yet? I do not listen to the games, can not stand him but someone on 700 WLW radio today said he was suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Did Marty come back yet? I do not listen to the games, can not stand him but someone on 700 WLW radio today said he was suspended
    I live in New York. What happened? Could someone summarize the situation?

Turn Off Ads?