Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Janish dealt to Braves for AAA pitcher Todd Redmond

-The Insider-

Janish dealt to Braves for AAA pitcher Todd Redmond

Shortstop Paul Janish has been traded to the Atlanta Braves for right-handed pitcher Todd Redmond.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Best of luck Paul.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Re: Janish dealt to Braves

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...ospects/page/2

These guys aren't quite in the top 30, but are worth some notice.

Todd Redmond-Acquired from the Pirates before the 2008 season, Redmond has spent the last three years in Triple-A and has improved each year.

This year he went 10-8 with a 2.92 ERA and struck out 142 batters in 169.2 innings. Redmond could be a fifth starter for a bunch of teams, but his role with the Braves appears to be an emergency starter just down the road in Gwinnett.

He's 27, 6'3. Not a great fastball, has a great changeup, and a decent curveball. Supposedly has great control.
    Last edited by fearofpopvol1; 07-14-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Best of luck to Janish, but I'm not going to miss him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I had heard the Braves were looking for stopgap SS and thought of Janish. Redmond was on the 40 man in Atlanta so he goes on the 40 man in Cincy. Decent get for the rotation's depth chart.
    Last edited by mth123; 07-14-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

-The Insider-

Funny tidbit. Janish will go to Atlanta, but if he didn't, he would just walk to the other side of the complex as the Bats and Gwinnett Braves are playing each other.

Now we know who the Reds next starter will be in case of emergency.
    Go BLUE!!!

Thanks to Janish who always played hard and is an excellent defender. Hope he does well with the Braves.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: Janish dealt to Braves for AAA pitcher Todd Redmond

I'll miss Soft J. Always thought he was just fine and should have been the utility man instead of Cairo.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

-The Insider-

I didn't know him until this year and it was only for a few days but he was very very nice and cool.

Good luck Paul! I hope he gets a chance to play some for the Braves.

I concur he would have been fine as the utility man over Cairo.

Never really saw the wisdom of acqriring Valdez with Janish around and I liked Paul more than many, but getting a potentially useful arm for him is a good thing. With Didi and Billy moving up the ladder, they just had no room for Janish - good luck Paul.

Really glad to see Janish get another shot at the big leagues. Redmond actually no-hit the Bats in 2010.

I tweeted Ken Rosenthal asking him to report the Janish trade from the field and he did. I love Rosenthal. They did a nice job tying Didi and Billy into the report.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Could Gregorius stick as the backup SS next year? He would be a left-handed bat on the bench.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?