Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uniform question....

Uniform question....

Anyone know why the Reds decided not to wear the red jersey yesterday as has become typical for day games at home? Manager's decision, starting pitcher's decision, bad record wearing them? What gives?
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Uniform question....

I don't know for sure but it seems like they wear the red jersey's for 1pm home games and the noon starts. Opening Day was a 4pm start and they wore the white jerseys, and I also remember another 4pm game where they also wore the white ones.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Maybe Fox TV may didn't want them to wear them, since it was a national broadcast? Red jerseys look terrible on standard-definition TVs and MLB needs every viewer it can get on these national broadcasts. That's why it's only been in the past decade of the TV era that the Reds have used red jerseys during the regular season.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I don't know for sure but it seems like they wear the red jersey's for 1pm home games and the noon starts. Opening Day was a 4pm start and they wore the white jerseys, and I also remember another 4pm game where they also wore the white ones.
    That's something I did not know. Personally, I like the all white uniforms at home the best.

Silly me. I thought it was a Sunday thing.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Could it be simply that red is hotter to wear?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I was wondering the same thing. I don't have an explanation. Perhaps we take to twitter with it and ask someone close to the organization like Ramsey or etc?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I thought the red jerseys were Sunday home jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    I thought the red jerseys were Sunday home jerseys
    For the last three or four years they have been worn for all home day games (not including Opening Day).

I would like to see them wear the red jerseys for an occasional road game.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 07-15-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I'd like to see new uniforms, as I've said many times before.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Our red jerseys are my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'd like to see new uniforms, as I've said many times before.
    Disagree. Love our uniforms. Just wish they'd do away with the shadowing of the numbers and letters. Maybe make the names a bit bigger on the backs of the jerseys. Overall, I love the look of our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I don't have an explanation. Perhaps we take to twitter with it and ask someone close to the organization like Ramsey or etc?
    Shot an email to Jamie Ramsey this morning, but did not hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Disagree. Love our uniforms. Just wish they'd do away with the shadowing of the numbers and letters. Maybe make the names a bit bigger on the backs of the jerseys. Overall, I love the look of our team.
    They need more red. They look like pajamas now. An all white uni is Ok, but with the players nor showing their socks and even the wishbone C being white, they look like Hospital employees. One of the great things about uniforms is color. A team named the Reds should have more red on their unis. One of the things I loved about the vest style uniforms was the was lots of red because of the red sleeves.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    They need more red. They look like pajamas now. An all white uni is Ok, but with the players nor showing their socks and even the wishbone C being white, they look like Hospital employees. One of the great things about uniforms is color. A team named the Reds should have more red on their unis. One of the things I loved about the vest style uniforms was the was lots of red because of the red sleeves.
    Agree on the pants being too long. That's something MLB needs to get a grip on and bring back the stockings or stirrups showing again on all clubs. U can proably thank Handy Manny Ramirez for that. I like white at home, grey on the road. Not big on the red jersey. The home whites have red piping and red pinstripe down the leg. So glad they went back to the all red cap. Wished they'd do away with the black billed cap on the road. Overall, I love 'em.

Turn Off Ads?