Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: From MLBTradeRomors

  1. #1
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,075

    From MLBTradeRomors

    Reds skipper Dusty Baker isn't sure if the club will ask him to return for next season but he sounds like he'd be ready to move on to another team if the opportunity isn't there, writes Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. ďAt this point in my career, this point in the season, I have as much say about it as the organization does. And thatís not sounding cocky or arrogant," Baker said.

    ===

    I have no comment
    The older I get - the better I was

    and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    221

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Reds skipper Dusty Baker isn't sure if the club will ask him to return for next season but he sounds like he'd be ready to move on to another team if the opportunity isn't there,

    You can tell him I said the feeling's mutual.

  4. #3
    EMAW
    Guest

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    If this message board is a fair representation of the behavior and attitudes of Cincinnati, I do not blame Dusty for moving on. This team was crap when he arrived and whether people admit it or not, they have certainly prospered and improved with him in the dugout. For all the improvement all he gets it grief and in some cases total hate.

  5. #4
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,034

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    Reds skipper Dusty Baker isn't sure if the club will ask him to return for next season but he sounds like he'd be ready to move on to another team if the opportunity isn't there, writes Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. “At this point in my career, this point in the season, I have as much say about it as the organization does. And that’s not sounding cocky or arrogant," Baker said.

    ===

    I have no comment
    I don't know how he does it . Dude must be a shrink or something.

    One second I think I want to run him outta town on a rail. The next second I don't want him to skip out of town on us!

    :sarcasm:
    Last edited by malcontent; 07-15-2012 at 04:11 PM.

  6. #5
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I don't know how he does it . Dude must be a shrink or something.

    One second I think I want to run him outta town on a rail. The next second I don't want him to skip out of town on us!

    :sarcasm:
    glad you put the bit at the end -- I was thinking straight jacket for you
    The older I get - the better I was

    and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

  7. #6
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,034

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    glad you put the bit at the end -- I was thinking straight jacket for you
    I'll need one if he gets extended.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    If this message board is a fair representation of the behavior and attitudes of Cincinnati, I do not blame Dusty for moving on. This team was crap when he arrived and whether people admit it or not, they have certainly prospered and improved with him in the dugout. For all the improvement all he gets it grief and in some cases total hate.
    The improvement is due to the Reds organization doing a better job of drafting and developing players. The problem is once they get to the ML level they rarely improve. There's no adjustments made and no rhyme or reason to the way they go about things. That's entirely on Dusty. Where would this team be without the great pitching they've gotten? Probably in fifth place in our division. Hopefully this will be Dusty's last year in Cincinnati.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  9. #8
    EMAW
    Guest

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The improvement is due to the Reds organization doing a better job of drafting and developing players. The problem is once they get to the ML level they rarely improve. There's no adjustments made and no rhyme or reason to the way they go about things. That's entirely on Dusty. Where would this team be without the great pitching they've gotten? Probably in fifth place in our division. Hopefully this will be Dusty's last year in Cincinnati.
    Dusty must be the luckiest guy ever. Takes over a bad Giants team and they are instantly good. Takes over a terrible Cubs team, they have their best season in a long, long time. Takes over the Reds, guides them to their first post season in a long time. What a lucky guy, amazing.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Umm...Bama
    Posts
    764

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Dusty's a good, solid manager and won't have trouble finding work if he wants it.

  11. #10
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,113

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Johnny Ringo quote comes to mind here...
    Rounding third and heading for home...

  12. #11
    EMAW
    Guest

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Dusty's a good, solid manager and won't have trouble finding work if he wants it.
    Any chance at all that he returns to the Reds?
    It seems to me if they are certain they do not want him, might as well fire him now and bring in the new guy?

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,576

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    they have certainly prospered and improved with him in the dugout.
    Not in the least bit. Any winning they've done has been in spite of him.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,576

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Dusty must be the luckiest guy ever. Takes over a bad Giants team and they are instantly good. Takes over a terrible Cubs team, they have their best season in a long, long time. Takes over the Reds, guides them to their first post season in a long time. What a lucky guy, amazing.
    Your history recall is chalk full of holes. He didn't take over a bad Giants team. That team was loaded with quality players in their prime.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Umm...Bama
    Posts
    764

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Any chance at all that he returns to the Reds?
    It seems to me if they are certain they do not want him, might as well fire him now and bring in the new guy?
    That's just not going to happen. This team is the playoff chase right now. Does it look like a World Series team? No, but the playoffs are as much about who is hot at the end of the year as it is who the "best team" is, so he will still be here as long as the Reds are alive. If the Reds miss the playoffs, he will not be back IMO. If the Reds advance to the NLCS, he will be asked back IMO. If they lose in the division series or in that wild card game, it will be interesting to see what happens.

    This team is built to win now, though. So if you remove Dusty, you need to be prepared to hire a top-notch manager do get that done.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,576

    Re: From MLBTradeRomors

    Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    It seems to me if they are certain they do not want him, might as well fire him now and bring in the new guy?
    What would that accomplish? He's been given great money to Manage this team for many seasons and hasn't done anything to deserve being fired. He just doesn't need to be hired for a third time. Two stints was enough.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25