Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Out of Market Reds Fans

Out of Market Reds Fans

I was reading the thread in the Old Red Guard where the out of market Reds fan were complaining about not being able to see the Reds game yesterday. I just thought I would post this even though I live in Cincy (and we to the game yesterday lol). Directv users should have a free trial version for MLB Extra Innings from 7/14 to 7/19. In fact, last night I watched the end of the Brewers and Pirates game, rooting for the Brewers came to no avails. I am watching their game today too.

Anyways, just thought I would let you guys know. I do not have rights to post in the Old Red Guard so I am posting here.

Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Out of Market Reds Fans

By the way, Pirates commit 2 errors in the sixth and Brewers are now up 4-1

Reds and 26.2's

I guess I can't complain. I'm near Charlotte, NC and get to see, maybe 90% of Reds games on one of two local FoxSports channels. I also have XM. It could be worse.

See y'all in Cincy in August for the Mets series, btw.

100 miles from Cincy...but FOX Ohio every night.

mlb.tv for me works great to see games from all over - except for when they play the Cards and Brewers! The Quad Cities is in their market area (even though no one around here broadcasts their games).
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    100 miles from Cincy...but FOX Ohio every night.
    I'm 200 miles away and get it too --- but I get the Cubs when Fox Network gets the chance
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

We're too close to St Louis to get any Reds games except when the Cards are off, or they're playing the Cardinals. that good ol' MLB city blackout clause.... We have Directv Extra Innings, plus I keep up on Gameday also.

live in Northeast Ohio and have At&T for cable and tried getting some kind of baseball package to watch the Reds for the second half of the season and they dont have any sort of thing and dont have MLB extra innings when i thought they did. It really sucks because the fox sports channel the Reds play on is available and am able to watch pregame and postgame but the game is always blacked out. Very frustrating, thankfully late at night 700 WLW comes in and can listen to them on the radio sometimes

Gameday here unless they are playing the Cubs or Cards, sometimes the Brewers.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

When I had Directv I could only watch the Reds once in awhile. Now that I don't have Directv,I listen to every game on my iphone. It's better than nothing.Oh I'm in South Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    mlb.tv for me works great to see games from all over - except for when they play the Cards and Brewers! The Quad Cities is in their market area (even though no one around here broadcasts their games).
    If you get a VPN (around $10 a month) you can work your way around any blackout restrictions. Might be worth it.

Turn Off Ads?