Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shuttle or park close to stadium?

Shuttle or park close to stadium?

It's been a number of years since I attended a game. When I was there last we stayed across the river at a Holiday Inn and took the shuttle from across the street.

This time we will be staying up north and coming from the Zoo on Friday and Coney Island Saturday.

What is the best options for parking and will it be so busy downtown that parking across the river might be just as easy. We will not be getting to the game very early on Saturday since the start time was moved up. Friday we should be a little earlier.

What would you advise?
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Shuttle or park close to stadium?

Normally I park downtown but, with those Choir Games going on, I am going to park at Newport on Friday and take the ferry over.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Normally I park downtown but, with those Choir Games going on, I am going to park at Newport on Friday and take the ferry over.
    how much does the ferry run a person each way?
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    how much does the ferry run a person each way?
    I believe it's $5 per person round trip. But don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    I believe it's $5 per person round trip. But don't quote me on that.
    Too Late

I'd park downtown at Fountain Square even though it will be pretty crowded down there. Why pay $5 per person for the shuttle unless you're with someone older or just can't walk the few blocks when you can park 3-4 blocks from the stadium for $5 (Fountain Square) or you might get lucky and get a meter. There are tons of less expensive lots not far away for $5 or so.

There are hundreds of new parking spots at the Banks so parking isn't bad at all even with huge events going on like there will be this weekend (Reds, Choir Games, Bunbury Festival). Personally I would not park at the Banks unless I had to (elderly or disabled) because 1 it's more expensive and 2 it's harder to get out of there although a trick I've found is to take the suspension bridge as it's pretty quick.

It's a 10-min walk from Fountain Square and easy in/out back to the interstate and you'd get to experience Fountain Square prior to and after the game - there will be concerts there both nights after the game and likely choir games stuff going on prior. From I71, get off at 3rd street (left exit going south on 71) go a few blocks and turn right on Vine and it's a couple of blocks on your right - you'll see someone waving a flag.

The trend until a year or so ago was NKY was the place to be with Newport on the Levee, ferries, shuttles, Hofbrauhaus, etc but now it's Cincinnati with the Banks and downtown resurgence.
    Last edited by cooperlamar; 07-10-2012 at 07:16 PM.

I like the garages on 7th, 8th, or 9th and Broadway.

There is a garage in that block where you can park for $2 and it usually is not crowded (If you enter downtown via Columbia Parkway it is the first garage you see on your right.) though I have never seen it when there are three events going on.

Sorry I didn't have more specific information, but it is easy to find.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

We always park in Newport, and walk across the bridge.

I always bite the bullet and pay the $12-15 to park in the garage right by the US arena, in and out in no time. I always take rt 52 or Kellough ave into town right by the Boathouse. I also have one hip replacement and need another.

I've never done it, but the ferry that leaves from Hooters always looks like it'd be fun and convenient. And you don't have to drive or walk. Don't the ticket stubs have hooters coupons too? It's a win-win-win! (one for the Red Legs)

It all depends on what you want to do. Half the time I park at the levee in Newport, hit up Hofbrauhaus, then walk to the Hooters and take the ferry across the river. That is always a good time. The other half of the time I park around fountain square and pre-game at one of Cincinnati's fine establishments. I love O'Malleys in the Alley, Arnolds, and the new Moerlein Lager house is very nice.

I also find that it is alot easier to get out of Newport, rather than downtown Cinci.

Quote Originally Posted by leeech86 View Post
    I love O'Malleys in the Alley,
    That is the best bar downtown, IMHO. I always hit it before a game if I have time, or during a Bengal's game that isn't worth staying in the stadium for. Try to beat my high score on 'Photo-Hunt'!
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

I come in from the east. I've tried several ways but parking right past the 50 overpass on rt 52/Kellogg avenue...the parking is $5 and it's an 8-10 minute walk into the stadium....for free parking and maybe 250 meter further away many park on the side of the street......never ever any trouble getting out or in....minimal traffic that way.

I've been parking at the Chiquita bulding, and that's working well for me. My only problem with the shuttles is the mob of people wating for them after the game. It's kind of a madhouse.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Turn Off Ads?