Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to Cincy fans tonight.

Kudos to Cincy fans tonight.

The fans made this weekend feel like late September. Had to get the players jacked up all weekend and especially on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, when the world was watching. Good things going on down by the river.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kudos to Cincy fans tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    The fans made this weekend feel like late September. Had to get the players jacked up all weekend and especially on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, when the world was watching. Good things going on down by the river.
    Very well said. Over 117,000 total attendance for the 3 games was awesome. I know the players would love to have that kind of atmosphere as much as possible. Tonight, especially at the end of the game, you could feel a real home field advantage.

We did the #RedsTweetUp thing tonight. It was a gas. Great ballgame.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'll be at my first game since 2009 Saturday. Cannot wait, so excited.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I loved that atmasphere all weekend b/c thats how its suppose to be when your team is good and the reds are good.Now the question is will the cincy fans keep going and have 40 thousand in the seats everynight.I hope so!!!!
    Last edited by WVPacman; 07-16-2012 at 01:06 AM.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I was driving back from Cleveland during the game and couldn't watch. But I listened to the entire game and wow the crowd sounded electric on the radio - especially in the later innings. Great job to any and all who were there!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The crowd was good, but not great. It had its moments, but I have been in more electric crowds than the one tonight by far. Also, the guy behind me had about 10 beers too many.

I just wanted them to quit the freakin' booing when that darn Molina came up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I just wanted them to quit the freakin' booing when that darn Molina came up!!!
    They did-When they were preoccupied with the wave.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

I think Molina needs to continued to get booed and get dusted off the plate as well.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    They did-When they were preoccupied with the wave.
    The wave really needs to stop. Especially in key spots. Other than that seemed like a good crowd last night.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    The wave really needs to stop. Especially in key spots. Other than that seemed like a good crowd last night.
    The wave was cool when I first saw it.

Which was at an OSU game in the early 80's when Keith Byars blew out a shoe on a long run. It's time is long gone.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

BAN THE WAVE PLEASE!

Last night's game was awesome! I had so much fun even though I'm totally exhausted today at work. I was also sitting in the Reds Tweet Up section and we had a total blast with most of the folks around us. It was an electric atmosphere and it seemed like everyone was totally into the game (ahem, aside from the random wave...kill me now). The place just erupted when Rolen got that hit to give the Reds the lead and we were all standing and screaming "SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEP!" for the entire ninth inning. It was pretty awesome and I'm so glad I went even though I'm tired today. It was also an absolute BLAST to watch the Cardinal fans that were sitting in the section to our right leave their seats looking very dejected and bummed out, LOL

BTW-Met Dallas Latos at the Tweet Up and she's a pretty awesome person!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

It seemed like a great atmosphere watching on ESPN last night. I'm really looking forward to my road trip for the Brewers series this coming weekend.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

I don't understand the hate for the wave? It shows unity throughout the crowd. It is the one way to show that everybody has everybody's back.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Turn Off Ads?