Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Greinke scratched

Greinke scratched

Zack Greinke was scratched from the upoming Reds Series so he can rechare his batteries

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_mlb

That's a break for us

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Greinke scratched

I wonder if there's more to it than recharging batteries. That seems strange. Trade brewing?

Sure makes me wonder if he is having person issues crop up again as he had back a few years ago.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Probably nothing to see here.

He warmed up and started the Saturday and Sunday Before the all star break, and then the first game after. He is probably off his routine.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

It is really strange timing with the upcoming trade deadline. This is the period where several teams would be scouting Greinke for a potential trade and now right before the deadline he is taking over a week off.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

He was actually scratched for his Wednesday start vs. the Cards, he was not scheduled to pitch aganst the Reds.

Yes he was scratched from Wednesday but they are not going to use him in the Reds series either. Which means he will go at least 10 days between starts

There's a LOT more to this story than is being reported, no doubt. For his sake, I hope this isn't due to his continuing struggle with the emotional/personal issues.

I will be interested to hear the full story...

Chad
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I'm loving these ace-missing series we've had lately.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Yes he was scratched from Wednesday but they are not going to use him in the Reds series either.
    That would have been really unfair, scratching him vs. the Cards and then pitching him against us when we were originally scheduled to miss him.

Cards miss Galardo and Greinke. Get Wolf and the two rookies.

Turn Off Ads?