Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

Any word? If this is somewhere else, I apologize...just hoping it is a day off...

Re: Votto Not Playing Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Any word? If this is somewhere else, I apologize...just hoping it is a day off...
    Yes it is just a day off. Dusty said even before last night's game he was giving Votto a day off today. He would have given him a day off this weekend but did not want to do it against the Cardinals.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...eup-v-d-backs/
    It’s just a day off for Joey Votto. Dusty Baker mentioned the fatigue factor yesterday. The swap of Stubbs and Cozart is interesting. Neither has been good in leadoff; both have been much better hitting second.
    Reds facing a lefty tonight.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Thanks guys! I get paranoid...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Thanks guys! I get paranoid...
    I'm checking the internet regularly for medical reports on Johnny Cueto's blister, so yeah, I feel you.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

What was concerning me was the number of routine groundouts he has had since the knee issue came about,including the ones in the All star game.Thats not Votto at all.The worst part is Cairo and not Frazier will be on first tonight.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    What was concerning me was the number of routine groundouts he has had since the knee issue came about,including the ones in the All star game.Thats not Votto at all.The worst part is Cairo and not Frazier will be on first tonight.
    Frazier is playing first tonight.

Seems pretty obvious to me that they've traded him for Greinke.

It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I've seen whispers that while his knee issues from a few weeks back aren't serious, they are lingering and likely won't go away. Dusty says it's affected Votto's running. I imagine he's going to be given plenty of time to stay fresh.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I've seen whispers that while his knee issues from a few weeks back aren't serious, they are lingering and likely won't go away. Dusty says it's affected Votto's running. I imagine he's going to be given plenty of time to stay fresh.
    Have we heard a diagnosis yet? My bet is it's a meniscus and that we'll quietly hear that he got it scoped sometime after this season

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

We just had four days off. I know Votto played in the AS game and all but....
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    We just had four days off. I know Votto played in the AS game and all but....
    Not only did he play in the AS game but he had to fly from SD to Cin then go to KC for the all-star game and then come back to Cincy. This is not a JR situation.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Not only did he play in the AS game but he had to fly from SD to Cin then go to KC for the all-star game and then come back to Cincy. This is not a JR situation.
    Not to mention entertaining family and friends, dozens upon dozens of interviews, galas and fetes, news meets, photo opps, etc. Players who go to the AS Game come back more tired than when they went. It's pretty draining and I'll bet he was on his feet for hours at a time before and after
    the game and most of the three days. I don't care if they give him a couple days to just completely rest his knee f that's what it takes t make sure he's completely healthy for the dog days - that's when teams make it or die.

My bet is it's a meniscus and that we'll quietly hear that he got it scoped sometime after this season
    My guess too.

There's a quarter of a billion dollars on the line, give him the night off.

Turn Off Ads?