Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 409

Thread: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

  1. #211
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cincy West
    Posts
    4,976

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Likewise, I find it comical that you think Votto wasn't playing with a torn meniscus the entire time. Like I said earlier in the thread (and many others have said) a torn meniscus is as minor as it gets when it comes to knee surgeries. However, the point is that it's very likely Kremchek failed in terms of finding the tear when examining Joey in LA (a few days after the injury).

    Hey, we can agree to disagree. It's all good on my end. You think it's "comical" that I think Votto in fact suffered the tear when he slid into third in San Fran. I think your stance is comical. Maybe we should do a stand-up act together.

    I simply do not know, Blitz, and neither do you.

    Your forensic review of the case, with both facts that you have assembled, can tell you nothing other than that Votto messed his knee up sliding, and he will have surgery tomorrow. None of us know any other facts of this case.

    In spite of all the posts stating how many players will often perform on a meniscus tear, not have it repaired at all, or have it repaired in the offseason, you have determined that Kremchek is an idiot and is incompetent.

    He might be an idiot, but he is not incompetent.

    So be it.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #212
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,126

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    For those thinking 3-4 weeks is "more like 6-8 weeks" I disagree. I think "3-4 weeks" is a conservative estimate.

    Running backs suffer torn meniscus and are back in 2 weeks. Maurice Clarett in 2002 comes to mind immediately. There's tons of NFL examples too. So, if football RBs come back on average in 2-3 weeks from the injury, I have no question a baseball first baseman can too.
    You posted this while I was typing mine. Yep lots of times.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  4. #213
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I simply do not know, Blitz, and neither do you.

    Your forensic review of the case, with both facts that you have assembled, can tell you nothing other than that Votto messed his knee up sliding, and he will have surgery tomorrow. None of us know any other facts of this case.

    In spite of all the posts stating how many players will often perform on a meniscus tear, not have it repaired at all, or have it repaired in the offseason, you have determined that Kremchek is an idiot and is incompetent.

    He might be an idiot, but he is not incompetent.

    So be it.
    Let me ask you this: What you do make of Edmonds' comments? This on top of all the other issues Kremchek has had over the years. I know we don't like Edmonds on here, but do we really think he would lie about that? He blasted Kremchek to shreds. Can't imagine an MLB player doing that unless he was speaking the truth.

    Also, it makes me sick to think the Cardinals have a much-better medical staff compared to the Reds.

  5. #214
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,742

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Too bad Andy Griffith passed away. If anybody could get Kremcheck to confess his guilt (if, in fact, he is "guilty") it would surely be Matlock.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  6. #215
    You're Welcome
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The Mythological Land of Dayton, OH
    Posts
    403

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    I don't have a horse in this race, but I like to be a stickler about what is fact and what is faith. In this case, I don't understand why two people would still be arguing about when Votto got injured: the Reds themselves say it happened sliding into 3rd in that game in San Fran.

    Done and done.

    Also: June 29 isn't "a month ago" (to those insisting on rounding up). It's barely 2 weeks ago. Hyperbole (whether out of ignorance or out of willful desire to mislead) will get you nowhere with me!!!

    You're welcome.


    Rick

  7. #216
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cincy West
    Posts
    4,976

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Let me ask you this: What you do make of Edmonds' comments? This on top of all the other issues Kremchek has had over the years. I know we don't like Edmonds on here, but do we really think he would lie about that? He blasted Kremchek to shreds. Can't imagine an MLB player doing that unless he was speaking the truth.

    Also, it makes me sick to think the Cardinals have a much-better medical staff compared to the Reds.
    We hate everything about Jim Edmonds here except when he says something about the Reds medical staff?

    I get it, you think Kremchek is totally incompetent. Jim Edmonds agrees with you. The rest of MLB apparently disagrees with you, they keep sending ballplayers to him.

    I wonder who is doing Vottos surgery tomorrow? Why would Votto let a complete hack butcher his knee? Joey Votto knows Jim Edmonds, he played with him. I wonder why Joey doesn't believe Jim Edmonds?

    Joey Votto can go to any orthopedic surgeon in the world that he wants to. We'll find out tomorrow who he chose to have do his knee.

    Maybe Votto will choose to have someone else do his surgery, and then you will be able to convince yourself that you know all the facts, Blitz. Fact is, medical care is complex, inexact, and as much an art as it is a science. I know; I am in the medical field. There are simply not enough facts made public about this case for any of us here to know for sure what transpired and how the decisions were made, and when they were made (and not only the decision whether to, or when to operate).

  8. #217
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cincy West
    Posts
    4,976

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    I don't have a horse in this race, but I like to be a stickler about what is fact and what is faith. In this case, I don't understand why two people would still be arguing about when Votto got injured: the Reds themselves say it happened sliding into 3rd in that game in San Fran.

    Done and done.

    Also: June 29 isn't "a month ago" (to those insisting on rounding up). It's barely 2 weeks ago. Hyperbole (whether out of ignorance or out of willful desire to mislead) will get you nowhere with me!!!

    You're welcome.


    Rick
    If you're referring to me, Rick, I'm not at all arguing about when the injury happened.

  9. #218
    Member Crumbley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Toledo
    Posts
    709

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Lots of panic attacks in Reds Country tonight.

    My apartment included.

  10. #219
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    If you need orthopedic surgery, do not go to Wellington Ortho. I had shoulder surgery back in October of 2009 and it still isn't right.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  11. #220
    OlafTheBlack Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    2,580

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    First, I tore my meniscus in a fall in December. Got through it without surgery. Just several weeks of physical therapy.

    Second, this is why I've been advocating picking up someone like Lahair. Yeah, he's terrible against lefties, but can fill in for a few weeks and then be a solid RH hitter off the bench.
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

    Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

  12. #221
    Member mattfeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Didn't have MRI until today

  13. #222
    Member mattfeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    I too had meniscus/PCL surgery and was back to playing baseball in 3.5 weeks. It's a VERY simply recovery.

  14. #223
    Member mattfeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Votto didn't request the MRI until yesterday or today per Jocketty.

  15. #224
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,549

    Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    I don't have a horse in this race, but I like to be a stickler about what is fact and what is faith. In this case, I don't understand why two people would still be arguing about when Votto got injured: the Reds themselves say it happened sliding into 3rd in that game in San Fran.

    Done and done.

    Also: June 29 isn't "a month ago" (to those insisting on rounding up). It's barely 2 weeks ago. Hyperbole (whether out of ignorance or out of willful desire to mislead) will get you nowhere with me!!!

    You're welcome.


    Rick
    I like me some hyperbole, but this entire thread is so full of it I want to vomit nails and spit fire.

    Guh.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  16. #225
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,539

    Re: Votto Not Playing Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I think it's legit. If they put him on the 15-day DL, they better bring up HRod -- not Harris.
    Is HRod on the 40 man?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25