Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Likewise, I find it comical that you think Votto wasn't playing with a torn meniscus the entire time. Like I said earlier in the thread (and many others have said) a torn meniscus is as minor as it gets when it comes to knee surgeries. However, the point is that it's very likely Kremchek failed in terms of finding the tear when examining Joey in LA (a few days after the injury).

Hey, we can agree to disagree. It's all good on my end. You think it's "comical" that I think Votto in fact suffered the tear when he slid into third in San Fran. I think your stance is comical. Maybe we should do a stand-up act together.

I simply do not know, Blitz, and neither do you.

Your forensic review of the case, with both facts that you have assembled, can tell you nothing other than that Votto messed his knee up sliding, and he will have surgery tomorrow. None of us know any other facts of this case.

In spite of all the posts stating how many players will often perform on a meniscus tear, not have it repaired at all, or have it repaired in the offseason, you have determined that Kremchek is an idiot and is incompetent.

He might be an idiot, but he is not incompetent.

So be it.
    sorry we're boring

2. Turn Off Ads?

For those thinking 3-4 weeks is "more like 6-8 weeks" I disagree. I think "3-4 weeks" is a conservative estimate.

Running backs suffer torn meniscus and are back in 2 weeks. Maurice Clarett in 2002 comes to mind immediately. There's tons of NFL examples too. So, if football RBs come back on average in 2-3 weeks from the injury, I have no question a baseball first baseman can too.
    You posted this while I was typing mine. Yep lots of times.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I simply do not know, Blitz, and neither do you.

Your forensic review of the case, with both facts that you have assembled, can tell you nothing other than that Votto messed his knee up sliding, and he will have surgery tomorrow. None of us know any other facts of this case.

In spite of all the posts stating how many players will often perform on a meniscus tear, not have it repaired at all, or have it repaired in the offseason, you have determined that Kremchek is an idiot and is incompetent.

He might be an idiot, but he is not incompetent.

So be it.
    Let me ask you this: What you do make of Edmonds' comments? This on top of all the other issues Kremchek has had over the years. I know we don't like Edmonds on here, but do we really think he would lie about that? He blasted Kremchek to shreds. Can't imagine an MLB player doing that unless he was speaking the truth.

Also, it makes me sick to think the Cardinals have a much-better medical staff compared to the Reds.

Too bad Andy Griffith passed away. If anybody could get Kremcheck to confess his guilt (if, in fact, he is "guilty") it would surely be Matlock.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

I don't have a horse in this race, but I like to be a stickler about what is fact and what is faith. In this case, I don't understand why two people would still be arguing about when Votto got injured: the Reds themselves say it happened sliding into 3rd in that game in San Fran.

Done and done.

Also: June 29 isn't "a month ago" (to those insisting on rounding up). It's barely 2 weeks ago. Hyperbole (whether out of ignorance or out of willful desire to mislead) will get you nowhere with me!!!

You're welcome.

Rick

Let me ask you this: What you do make of Edmonds' comments? This on top of all the other issues Kremchek has had over the years. I know we don't like Edmonds on here, but do we really think he would lie about that? He blasted Kremchek to shreds. Can't imagine an MLB player doing that unless he was speaking the truth.

Also, it makes me sick to think the Cardinals have a much-better medical staff compared to the Reds.
    We hate everything about Jim Edmonds here except when he says something about the Reds medical staff?

I get it, you think Kremchek is totally incompetent. Jim Edmonds agrees with you. The rest of MLB apparently disagrees with you, they keep sending ballplayers to him.

I wonder who is doing Vottos surgery tomorrow? Why would Votto let a complete hack butcher his knee? Joey Votto knows Jim Edmonds, he played with him. I wonder why Joey doesn't believe Jim Edmonds?

Joey Votto can go to any orthopedic surgeon in the world that he wants to. We'll find out tomorrow who he chose to have do his knee.

Maybe Votto will choose to have someone else do his surgery, and then you will be able to convince yourself that you know all the facts, Blitz. Fact is, medical care is complex, inexact, and as much an art as it is a science. I know; I am in the medical field. There are simply not enough facts made public about this case for any of us here to know for sure what transpired and how the decisions were made, and when they were made (and not only the decision whether to, or when to operate).
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    I don't have a horse in this race, but I like to be a stickler about what is fact and what is faith. In this case, I don't understand why two people would still be arguing about when Votto got injured: the Reds themselves say it happened sliding into 3rd in that game in San Fran.

Done and done.

Also: June 29 isn't "a month ago" (to those insisting on rounding up). It's barely 2 weeks ago. Hyperbole (whether out of ignorance or out of willful desire to mislead) will get you nowhere with me!!!

You're welcome.

Rick
    If you're referring to me, Rick, I'm not at all arguing about when the injury happened.
    sorry we're boring

Lots of panic attacks in Reds Country tonight.

My apartment included.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

If you need orthopedic surgery, do not go to Wellington Ortho. I had shoulder surgery back in October of 2009 and it still isn't right.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

First, I tore my meniscus in a fall in December. Got through it without surgery. Just several weeks of physical therapy.

Second, this is why I've been advocating picking up someone like Lahair. Yeah, he's terrible against lefties, but can fill in for a few weeks and then be a solid RH hitter off the bench.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Didn't have MRI until today

I too had meniscus/PCL surgery and was back to playing baseball in 3.5 weeks. It's a VERY simply recovery.

Votto didn't request the MRI until yesterday or today per Jocketty.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post

Done and done.

You're welcome.

Rick
    I like me some hyperbole, but this entire thread is so full of it I want to vomit nails and spit fire.

Guh.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Re: Votto Not Playing Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I think it's legit. If they put him on the 15-day DL, they better bring up HRod -- not Harris.
    Is HRod on the 40 man?

Turn Off Ads?