Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto expected to be out 3-4 weeks after knee surgery

Re: Votto Not Playing Tonight

Disappointed in the beat guys....Sheldon/Fay/etc....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Disappointed it wasn't resolved prior to All Star Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Disappointed it wasn't resolved prior to All Star Game.
    Agree. Although Votto did help last night with two hits against the Cards and made some good plays this past series.

The only thing that matters is the word "minor." Two weeks is nothing. Hope "minor" is accurate.

The fact ALL the local guys are saying the Reds haven't confirmed leads me to believe these reports are bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

FWIW, assuming Joey did it sliding into 2B (or was it 3B) and he's been ok to play on it, I am going to assume it's the same issue that I had while playing MSBL 2 years ago.

Assuming that's true, then this should be a very minor issue.

Let's hope. I'm not seeing the sky as falling fwiw.

Yes the shame is if he would had the surgery before the break that would have saved 4 days off the time off

I think it's legit. If they put him on the 15-day DL, they better bring up HRod -- not Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I think it's legit. If they put him on the 15-day DL, they better bring up HRod -- not Harris.
    I'd like that. Thom did not address the issue in the lead-in, FYI.

Crazy irresponsible, and very un-Votto like to have played in the All-Star game after hearing this news. He must have been initially given bad advice.

If the Reds had confirmed it the beat guys and the broadcast would be saying it.

I'm not saying he isn't going to have surgery, but I am saying the Reds haven't confirmed it as some people are claiming.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Crazy irresponsible, and very un-Votto like to have played in the All-Star game after hearing this news. He must have been initially given bad advice.
    I'm awaiting all the facts, but my knee is jerking and shouting "organizational fail".

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'm awaiting all the facts, but my knee is jerking and shouting "organizational fail".
    Shhhhh. Don't let Jim Edmonds hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Couldn't the advice have been "You're gonna need surgery at some point, but you can see if you can play through it since you can't make it any worse"?

And didn't Votto just help the Reds sweep their main competition in the Central last night?

Fay: #Reds have confirmed nothing about Votto. He's not in the dugout. Told their are meeting now. Trainer Paul Lessard in not in dugout either.

That's not good lol

Turn Off Ads?