Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joe Hudson, Ben Kilmesh, Jesse Winker

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Joe Hudson, Ben Kilmesh, Jesse Winker

Why hasn't Hudson played yet? Must be hurt but haven't heard anything definitive. He was supposed to be assigned to Billings, but the Mustangs have two pretty good catchers. Anyway, hopefully we'll get to see the sixth-rounder from Notre Dame before long.

15th-round RH relief pitcher Ben Kilmesh -- who was a senior at tiny Trinty College -- is looking like quite the steal.

Also, it's always fun looking at Jesse Winker's stats. Crazy the amount of walks he's taking. I love that kind of patience at the plate. He looks like he's going to be an on-base percentage stalwart (currently a mere .515 ... ha). Hopefully the power will come soon; I bet it will.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...=true&sid=t513

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joe Hudson, Ben Kilmesh, Jesse Winker

Yes, Hudson was hit by a pitch in extended spring training. Klimesh has impressed ever since he reported. Both Winker's and Gelalich's calling cards coming into the draft were their good plate discipline, which should help the current Reds roster quite nicely if they make it that far.

Wasn't a big fan of the Gelalich pick but hopefully he proves me wrong. Winker was a fantastic pick. Man I'm excited about that kid.

Thanks for the info on Hudson. Was wondering what was up with him. Do you know if he's expected back soon?

It was a broken wrist, which typically requires 4-6 weeks of recovery time. Therefore, I think you can expect him back late in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    It was a broken wrist, which typically requires 4-6 weeks of recovery time. Therefore, I think you can expect him back late in the month.
    Thanks again!

Turn Off Ads?