Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Possibilities

Trade Possibilities

With Votto done for a month, will that accelerate Walt's deadline dealings?Now you must think he will go after someone that hits left handed, can play first and the outfield and can be had without surrendering many prospects as we dealt away a bunch in the off season. It will more than likely have to come from a team out of contention as well. Here are a list of a few candidates I could realistically see happening.
    Lahair, Luke Scott, Parmalee (Min), Adam Lind (hitting well lately, may have too big of a contract), Overbay, Branyan, Kotsay, Lance Nix.
    Any other ideas?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Possibilities

Market to expensive...just hope card or pirates are close when Votto returns mid Sept.

Damon....

* .339 last 17 starts
    * lefty/can play 1st
    * unmatched experience in playoff races
    * great karma for getting to the postseason
    * assume he's cheap

Damon would work. Would te Tribe part with him with them still being in the hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    Damon would work. Would te Tribe part with him with them still being in the hunt?
    Their fans don't seem to think much of him....but he was bad until about a month ago. Not sure how much missing spring training and starting in late April hindered him.....but he's been good for a significant stretch.

I would trade Bailey and Bruce for Upton and a package of prospects for Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    I don't want Upton for those two.....both have high sides (as does Upton)...especially if Dusty moves on.

I don't think they can deplete the entire farm system for CarGo.

you would trade jay bruce who is young cost controlled and productive with a lot of upside as well as homer bailey who is having his best year of his career might i add he has improved each year since his rookie season for juston upton who is having a down year and going to get expensive, don't get me wrong I would love upton as much as the next guy but that is just ridiculous

Lets see:
    1.Phillips
    2.Heisey/Stubbs
    3.Votto(when he returns)
    4.Carlos
    5.Upton
    6.Frazier
    7.Mes/Hanigan
    8.Cozart

That is a powerpacked potential of a offense. Yes, the Reds could have it. But they would have to let go of Bruce,Bailey,Cingrani,Hamilton and Corcino. They could rebuild the system with Stephenson,Triv,Winker and future draft classes while this group wins a title.

ouch

Josh Willingham has played some 1B before. Trade for him and Span.

Or Trade for Juan Pierre and sign Derek Lee

Turn Off Ads?