Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Call up Todd Redmond

Reds Call up Todd Redmond

Acoording to Twitter Todd Redmond has been recalled AAA Louisville, I suspect this means no Cueto tonight, and Redmond may be here for a quick one start call up???, or maybe they will DL or cut Bray after that terrible outing last night???

https://twitter.com/JetSportsMgmt
    Last edited by wvreds; 07-17-2012 at 12:40 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Call up Todd Redmond

Either that or hes here to be the long guy since they gassed Simon yesterday. Maybe Dustys worried the blister will come back in the 1st or 2nd.

If there is even a "hint" the blister is not 100% healed you can't let him pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    If there is even a "hint" the blister is not 100% healed you can't let him pitch.

Yea I hope the Med Staff dosen pull another "Votto" with Cueto. No matter if it is the smallest thing for anyone you have to be safe than sorry

Just rip it off and put nail polish on it!

Kidding. I completely agree with you. In the grand scheme of things, this game means nothing.

Go Reds!!
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

This move is absolutely related to Cueto's availability tonight. We'll see if Johnny makes the start or not.

I am starting to think sweeping the Cardinals is a bad omen for this team. I remember last year the Reds swept the Cardinals to take over first place. In then next 13 games they went 2-11, were 5 games back and never sniffed first place again.

This year we sweep the Cardinals to take over first, suddenly Votto is out for a month and Cueto is missing starts.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    I am starting to think sweeping the Cardinals is a bad omen for this team. I remember last year the Reds swept the Cardinals to take over first place. In then next 13 games they went 2-11, were 5 games back and never sniffed first place again.

This year we sweep the Cardinals to take over first, suddenly Votto is out for a month and Cueto is missing starts.
    Pedro Cerrano - is that you?

Good move by Walt x2. Trades a basically worthless part (Janish) for a guy that could save our bacon (short term). Who then, if he shows well, could be a valuable trade chip to improve our everyday lineup.

Shrewd indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRV View Post

Good move by Walt x2. Trades a basically worthless part (Janish) for a guy that could save our bacon (short term). Who then, if he shows well, could be a valuable trade chip to improve our everyday lineup.

Shrewd indeed.
    Yeah you got me. We don't need Joey Votto, what we need is hats for our bats. Hats keep bats warm.

I agree if there's a hint of Cueto's blister today, please bench him.

If I'm Joey Votto before the season starts I have the Cards series after the break circled in red ink. By the time the series arrives, we're a game behind 1st with our biggest rival coming to town. At this point I'm foaming at the mouth to get a crack at these guys and there's absolutey no way I miss these games. The significance of this series to this team, the city, and the fans is huge any way you look at it. It's importance could be inflated but still, the series merited a national spotlight. Not a single person on here will deny he put 100% into those games. And on Monday he finally gives in to getting the MRI because obviously something is wrong. I'm not saying it was the right or best decision, but I get it.

I think we are okay.
    There are only two seasons - Winter and Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRV View Post

Blisters can reform quickly, if he pitches today without issue he should be good to go.

Redmond will be sent back down in a couple days, he was brought up just in case today does not go well. The bullpen will be spent if Cueto only goes 1-2 innings

John Fay‏@johnfayman

I'm told Redmond is here for insurance. Cueto will start. #reds

Per Twitter
    Last edited by Larkin88; 07-17-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Had to fix a Fay typo

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

So is this the only move they make today, Redmond into Votto's spot?

I thought they would want to get the bench back to where it needs to be sooner than later.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    So is this the only move they make today, Redmond into Votto's spot?

I thought they would want to get the bench back to where it needs to be sooner than later.
    Priority for today is backing up Cueto if he can't go. Priority in general right now is figuring out what to do to fill the Votto void.

I think the Votto question is going to be harder to answer than the Cueto one, so they probably just addressed that in the immediate. That said, I don't think Redmond is around all that long.

The bench certainly needs some work. Now more than ever.

Turn Off Ads?