Major League Baseball’s all-time hit leader is hoping for one more — in the form of a TV show. EW has learned that TLC has begun production on a reality series starring Pete Rose, the polarizing 17-time All-Star who was banned from his beloved sport for gambling on games while he was a manager for the Cincinnati Reds.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/17/tl...?sct=hp_t2_a13

Will this series also chronicle Rose’s mission to get reinstated into baseball, so he can be eligible for induction to the Hall of Fame? “If the commissioner [Bud Selig] ever finds it in its heart to give me a second chance, I’m sure that we’ll address that,” he says. “But if I ever make the Hall of Fame, I’ll be the happiest guy in the world because I understand what it means. But I’m not just going to sit here on pins and needles. I’m not in the Hall of Fame because I screwed up. It’s not Bud’s fault. It’s not [former commissioner A. Bartlett Giamatti's] fault. It’s not Mike Schmidt’s fault or Johnny Bench’s fault. I’m the one who screwed up. And if I’m ever given a second chance, all I can tell you is: I won’t need a third.”