Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xavier Paul getting the Call-up, according to Willie Harris

Re: Xavier Paul getting the Call-up, according to Willie Harris

I thought Navarro with Paul getting an outside shot at coming up. Rodriguez would not have been a good move at this point, because he wouldn't have played in my opinion and if they are counting him in the future he needs to play, not set the bench.

Rodriguez is different from Kris Negron who was up eariler. Negron was filling a roster spot, not being counted on, now or in the future, Rodriguez is one of the few crown jewels right now. Unless he was going to play, it would not have been a good move and I don't think he would have played much.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Move is official. Paul is up and Redmond back to Louisville.

Yay? He improves the bench?

I would rather have him pinch hitting than Leake.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I don't think he was on teh 40...so whom got removed from the 40?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I don't think he was on teh 40...so whom got removed from the 40?
    Who.

And Willie never got placed back on the 40 Man after he was sent down since he was out of options, so the Reds were only carrying 39.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Xavier Paul is Walt giving Dusty the tools now...really? And are you implying that this guy should be called up from the minors and plugged in as a starter, or are you saying that Dusty won't PH with him? Because Leake PH last night.
    I'm saying that Votto getting injured is all the excuse Dusty needed for playing the moldy, washed-up Rolen every day instead of benching Rolen (he needs to be given his walking papers) in favor of Frazier starting at 3rd Base every day while a Xavier Paul at 1st Base would be a better option. Yes. I would start Xavier Paul at 1st Base. He's 10 times the player Rolen is at this point of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'm saying that Votto getting injured is all the excuse Dusty needed for playing the moldy, washed-up Rolen every day instead of benching Rolen (he needs to be given his walking papers) in favor of Frazier starting at 3rd Base every day while a Xavier Paul at 1st Base would be a better option. Yes. I would start Xavier Paul at 1st Base. He's 10 times the player Rolen is at this point of their careers.
    While I understand and tend to agree in theory, Paul is only 5' 9" and wouldn't be the best choice for First Base.

Now if we moved Frazier to third, Ludwick to first and inserted Paul in the outfield, I would be down with that.

Platoon Heisey with Stubbs and Paul and we'd see our production increase.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRV View Post
    While I understand and tend to agree in theory, Paul is only 5' 9" and wouldn't be the best choice for First Base.

Now if we moved Frazier to third, Ludwick to first and inserted Paul in the outfield, I would be down with that.

Agree. As you mentioned, it was more of a theory than a reality. The theory was that Paul inserted into the lineup somewhere instead of Rolen, would be a better option, especially since Rolen usually seems to bat ahead of Frazier for some Twilight Zone strange reason. Valdez is actually a legitimate option, too, when you're talking about Rolen or Cairo as alternatives. I'd also rather have Rolen than Cairo, but one shouldn't have to choose between those two. Are you listening, Walt?

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    He is related to Xavier Nady? Or Charles Xavier?
    Xavier McDaniel

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by IamRV View Post

Teams in a pennant race traditionally do not experiment and play guys out of position, Ludwick has never played 1B in a regular season game. At least Frazier is a corner INF

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Teams in a pennant race traditionally do not experiment and play guys out of position, Ludwick has never played 1B in a regular season game. At least Frazier is a corner INF
    The Cardinals and A's have done it year after year after year while they've been in pennant races. It's just a matter of organizational philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I would rather have him pinch hitting than Leake.
    I'd rather have Leake pinch hitting, than I would Cairo!
    Heck. do YOU even know if this kid can bunt? And you want him PHing instead of Leake? Don't even try and pass that stuff this way. I'll pass.

Those are some crazy numbers. I feel like Bruce and Stubbs are going to be streaky and hopefully more experience results in more consistency. With Heisey being mediocore, it's best to ride the highs and deal with the lows.
    Last edited by MBZags; 07-21-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post
    Yep. If they were set on getting a lefty up here (and it's hard to dispute why they'd want one), he's a better option than Harris. And we're calling him up in the middle of a pretty strong streak he's had going down in Louisville.

No issues for me.
    That's pretty much it.

Turn Off Ads?