Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hanley Ramirez?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Hanley Ramirez?

Marlins supposedly have him on the block. Worth something like 15 mil each of the next two years. However, it's been said the Marlins really want to move him, and that either a big market will take the whole contract for little to no talent in exchange, or a small market could trade a prospect in exchange for a good deal of the contract paid.

I would be willing for us to be the latter. He has not been great this year or last, but I think he's a prime change of scenery type. He would definitely mash in GABP.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    EMAW

Re: Hanley Ramirez?

What position would he play?
    Cozart to the bench?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    What position would he play?
    Cozart to the bench?
    3B, in a perfect world. Work him out in CF if you're willing to think outside the box.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Not a real good fit, IMO. At this stage in his career, not giving a great deal more than Frazier/Rolen, and he's got that rep of dogging it at times.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    3B, in a perfect world. Work him out in CF if you're willing to think outside the box.
    I'd rather have Frazier/Rolen than Hanley at this point. He's expensive and I think he's shown himself to be a head case in several instances.

Looks like Dodgers will be picking up a bit of salary....

For Eovaldi and a minor leaguer?

That's it?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    For Eovaldi and a minor leaguer?

That's it?
    That's what I'm saying. They had to of agreed to take on practically all of his salary.

Its a salary dump. Marlins were badly built.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    What's wrong with Todd Frazier? Why would we want a struggling overpaid SS as a third CFer? Teams don't HAVE to make trades at the deadline. The Reds are in need of a left-handed bat off the bench. Granted it was against the Astros, but Xavier Paul looked pretty good last night and may fit the bill. Good first AB where he saw about 8 pitches before getting his first hit as a Red, and first of three hits on the night. Our minor league talent is somewhat thin, so why trade away what we have for a struggling veteran or SS?

We're in a good spot.

Go Reds!!
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?