Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xavier Paul Recalled, Redmond to AAA

Xavier Paul Recalled, Redmond to AAA

Well they called up Xavier Paul, he definitely deserves it; dude been banging all year long. Gotta keep pushing!!!

https://twitter.com/22DSGB
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Xavier Paul Recalled?

Xavier Paul - killing it at AAA for both Reds and Nationals but in three major league years his best OBP was .313 and never topped .300 again. Does hit lefty and has been destroying AAA pitching so maybe he's found a switch or the Reds can tap him in a hot streak anyway.

Dusty was quoted tonight as saying a bat was "in the works". XP deserves it and he's a lefty!
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

He deserves it for as well as he's hit in AAA.

For a Level Playing Field

These "killing AAA" comments bring back bad memories of a college world series hero from LSU.

How long has the 40 man roster been at 39 players? I heard that yesterday and was surprised. Did we just clear that spot when Willie Harris last went back down and just didn't fill it? I know that the Janish and Redmond trade was just a straight swap of a slot.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    How long has the 40 man roster been at 39 players? I heard that yesterday and was surprised. Did we just clear that spot when Willie Harris last went back down and just didn't fill it? I know that the Janish and Redmond trade was just a straight swap of a slot.
    Yes. Harris is out of options, so the only way to sent him to the minors is to remove him from the 40-man roster and send him outright to Louisville.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Would have preferred an infielder. This means third and first base is a rotation of Rolen, Frazier and Cairo.

A lefty hitting infielder would have more opportunities to start, spelling Rolen at third.

An outfielder probably will be strictly a bench guy with few if any starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Would have preferred an infielder. This means third and first base is a rotation of Rolen, Frazier and Cairo.

A lefty hitting infielder would have more opportunities to start, spelling Rolen at third.

An outfielder probably will be strictly a bench guy with few if any starts.
    Yes, I would have preferred HRod

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yes, I would have preferred HRod
    Me too, and talk about banging. Also Navarro could have played some first base, and he's arguably the best position player on the Bats this year.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I'm okay with it because it's a more balanced roster. Frazier is going to be locked into the infield while Votto's out, so that left us with only four outfielders, and Cairo's already around to back up the infield corners. If Rolen goes on the DL again and we need someone to play a lot, then give me Rodriguez. But for now, it's a mostly pinch-hitting role, Paul will do.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

When I see this name I keep thinking its a name for a Big Band leader.
    The Reds desparately need a good lefty bat off the bench. Hopefully he can fulfill that role.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I keep confusing this guy for Xavier Nady. Time and time again. For example, I thought he could play 1st. Nope, but Nady can.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I think Nady is warming the bench for the D-backs these days

I think Nady is warming the bench for the D-backs these days
    Nah, that was last year. On the Nats bench this season, with this painful line: .157/.211/.275/.486

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?