Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Xavier Paul Recalled, Redmond to AAA

Re: Xavier Paul Recalled, Redmond to AAA

Btw, I officially hate autocorrect, which changed Votto to bottom.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Well, I take back everything bad I said about Paul after taking the time on baseball-reference.com reviewing his minor and major league career.

He hasn't done much in the majors, but nor has he been a total flop. And if you say he's been a flop, then what does that make Drew Stubbs?

His minor league numbers show he has nothing left to prove in the minors. He improved every year and has played in triple A for various clubs going back to 2008 and has batted over .300 in every year in triple A since 2008. Oddly his high OBP in his triple A career has not translated over to the majors yet.

I'm not saying the guy is starter material. But considering some of the fluff we've had coming off the bench, and based on a successful short sample so far, this guy is atleast worthy of being the 4th outfielder.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few shots hitting leadoff. Considering how poorly things have gone for the Reds all season at the top of the order, I see no harm.

If he can play CF passably, sure. Let him hit leadoff.

Has he played CF for Cincinnati yet?

How long has it been since he's been there?

Otherswise, you're sitting your second- or third-best hitter.

I'd definitely let him get some starts against righties. But we're facing all lefties in Colorado.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    iPad? I fully understand.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And looking at his three year stats, he's a low OBP guy with no power. Good grief.
    I'm an idiot. You-all knew that anyway.

He may fall on his face after some time, but I mentioned this in the game thread last night. He looks like he might be a good platoon with Drew in center and hit leadoff. That is, if we don't make an aquisition, which I doubt right now.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    That only has to happen once.... you need to add Votto to your dictionary.

Paul has sure made me happy so far. His first couple ABs I wasn't too impressed but since then he's been really getting the job done. Certainly worth holding onto as the left handed bat on the bench if nothing else. I wouldn't mind platooning him either if he can play CF - anyone check to see if he had CF on his positions played on Baseball-ref? I just checked - he has played center field but only 106 innings in the majors
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 07-28-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Turn Off Ads?