Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: must see tv: TLC orders Pete Rose reality series

Re: must see tv: TLC orders Pete Rose reality series

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    he will always be loved in Cincinnati, always
    Yes... he's a human 3 way with two cony's on the side and a large Mountain Dew

2. Turn Off Ads?

Shamefully I will admit that I am a bit of a Facebook creeper in that to love to track down small time celebrities, former sports stars etc and check out their profiles. I have done this with the Rose family and trust me, it will be quite entertaining.

I am thinking a possible Emmy Award will result from this.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

He better be wearing one of his trademark fashionably hip hats each episode

Also Kane needs to show up periodically to Tombstone Piledrive Pete.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I love me some Pete Rose....best player to EVER lace up the cleats....hands down. The guy should be a model for everything about how to approach an at bat....if our young players would try and learn from Pete we might have some superstars on our hands.....Pete treated each at bat as if it were his last...no pitch was taken or swung at without it given a 100% effort from Pete via mentally and physically....

with that said, I do believe he has paid his debt to the game(no pun intended) and I think its time to forgive and NOT forget...his story needs to be told and told and told over and over and over again so younger players who dont know the details of his life story can learn from it....putting him in the hall of fame will not be a arrow in the side of MLB, if anything it will prove that MLB is strong and harsh to their word yet still forgiving to players who give so much to the game...maybe this tv series will be the start of people getting to know the truth and the demons that Pete has had to fight over the years and the crap he has had to go through.....maybe it will be a start to getting people back on his side....its up to him how he portrays his life on this show, he can be "superstar" pete who wants the cameras in his face, or he can be a normal person who is living his life trying to make right a super wrong that he committed several years ago...I for one cannot wait to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I do believe he has paid his debt to the game(no pun intended) a

I love me some Pete Rose....best player to EVER lace up the cleats....hands down. The guy should be a model for everything about how to approach an at bat....if our young players would try and learn from Pete we might have some superstars on our hands.....Pete treated each at bat as if it were his last...no pitch was taken or swung at without it given a 100% effort from Pete via mentally and physically....

with that said, I do believe he has paid his debt to the game(no pun intended) and I think its time to forgive and NOT forget...his story needs to be told and told and told over and over and over again so younger players who dont know the details of his life story can learn from it....putting him in the hall of fame will not be a arrow in the side of MLB, if anything it will prove that MLB is strong and harsh to their word yet still forgiving to players who give so much to the game...maybe this tv series will be the start of people getting to know the truth and the demons that Pete has had to fight over the years and the crap he has had to go through.....maybe it will be a start to getting people back on his side....its up to him how he portrays his life on this show, he can be "superstar" pete who wants the cameras in his face, or he can be a normal person who is living his life trying to make right a super wrong that he committed several years ago...I for one cannot wait to watch.
    These reality shows with celebrities usually only show how shallow and selfish they are. I suspect we will see an even darker and more pathetic side to Rose, the human being.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I firmly believe that had Pete Rose gone about it the right way he would be back in baseball. He hasn't done anything illegal (well except for that little time spent in the clinker) but he never has changed his ways. You would think someone who got kicked out of baseball because of gambling would think better of hanging around horse tracks and Las Vegas.

I wish there was a like button bucksfan. I agree with cumberland too. Rose, every time I see him or hear him interviewed, seems creepy and selfish and self serving. He has disintegrated into a caricature.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I wish there was a like button bucksfan. I agree with cumberland too. Rose, every time I see him or hear him interviewed, seems creepy and selfish and self serving. He has disintegrated into a caricature.
    Was he ever anything more than that, though?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

He was always a bit of a caricature - the hard charging huslter, the obnoxious hard nosed brawler who'd run over you. But the creepy part, the unhealthy "the world's about me" came later.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    OK now Im hungry

He's all that and a bag of meat.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

That's what I usually get, minus one coney

Worth The Wait

Just kind of makes me sad. I've been harsh towards Pete over the years but I've never believed him to be a bad PERSON per se'. Comes across to me as somewhat desperate, somewhat delusion, and ultimately somewhat sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Just kind of makes me sad. I've been harsh towards Pete over the years but I've never believed him to be a bad PERSON per se'. Comes across to me as somewhat desperate, somewhat delusion, and ultimately somewhat sad.

I agree with you on how he comes across. Guy was my hero as a child and to see him like this is sad, but I think its time for baseball to move on to another chapter and forgive the "Rose" years.....it's time to celebrate the good things he has done within the game of baseball..

Turn Off Ads?