Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crawford for HanRam and Bell Rumor

Crawford for HanRam and Bell Rumor

Would be a crazy Titanic of a blockbuster if true...

Nightingale reporting
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Crawford for HanRam and Bell Rumor

Would be a crazy "sinking titanic" of a "going out of business Blockbuster" if true...

Those are 3 horribly regressing players making WAAAAAY more than they should. A bad contract smorgasbord.

Love the deal for a myriad of reasons, the primary being it's a heck of a story.

Ramirez will help Boston's SS hole, Bell will help Boston's relief problems, and Crawford will help Miami's OF woes.

It's an outside the box deal that has a chance of helping both squads.

Would love to see other teams do the same type of thing-- dealing expensive sunk costs for other expensive sunk costs.

Nice thought, if true, by both GMs.

I'd take HanRam if the Fish paid half his salary. No thanks to the other two.
    Go BLUE!!!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

MLBTR Update:

1:10pm: There's no current discussion involving Crawford, Ramirez and Bell, ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports (on Twitter). The idea surfaced briefly as a concept and immediately died.
    I'd put this on par with the Yankees and Red Sox agreeing to trade Williams for DiMaggio.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Love the deal for a myriad of reasons, the primary being it's a heck of a story.

Ramirez will help Boston's SS hole, Bell will help Boston's relief problems, and Crawford will help Miami's OF woes.

It's an outside the box deal that has a chance of helping both squads.

Would love to see other teams do the same type of thing-- dealing expensive sunk costs for other expensive sunk costs.

Nice thought, if true, by both GMs.
    By pouring the gasoline or lighting the match?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Olney has already shut this rumor down.

Here we go with the rumors again. I always wonder where these guys get their "inside information." But even more, I wonder why "inside information" that is legitimate gets "leaked." Baseball executives and FO insiders have to be playing some kind of an angle if they are going to go blab to a writer about potential and actual deals. Find the angle and it will bring you closer to the truth.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'd take HanRam if the Fish paid half his salary.
    How about Ramirez for Arroyo, with the Fish paying the difference in salaries and the Reds throwing in Sulbaran? (In my hypothetical, Arroyo says yes to the deal, as he has 5/10 rights.)

How about Ramirez for Arroyo, with the Fish paying the difference in salaries and the Reds throwing in Sulbaran? (In my hypothetical, Arroyo says yes to the deal, as he has 5/10 rights.)
    We really can't trade anyone from the rotation unless we get a starter back.

If the team is forced to put Redmond, LeCure, or someone like that in the rotation for an extended period of time, we're in big trouble.
    Simon might be able to handle it, but why risk it? He seems like the classic case of a failed starter who can handle the bullpen.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

The Reds should ship Sean Casey to Florida for Crawford.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

For all we know Redmond might be as good as Arroyo. He needs to get a start or two to find out anything though. He sounds a bit like Leake, his control, his stuff. I think it would be worth it if there was a trade that could get us out from under Arroyo's 2013 contract although the accelerated deferrment payments would still be a problem.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    By pouring the gasoline or lighting the match?
    Exactly. This whole speculated deal is much ado about nothing. None of the 3 players have looked even remotely good recently (I'm not going to count the couple of games Crawford's played). They're big names and big contracts...and big flops.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Bell will help Boston's relief problems......

Unless Boston's problem is that thier relievers are too effective, Bell won't be much help.....

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Unless Boston's problem is that thier relievers are too effective, Bell won't be much help.....
    Actually, that is one of their problems, their relievers keep showing up the starters by getting opposing batters out.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?