Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wednesday 7/18/2012 Minor-League Updates

Re: Wednesday 7/18/2012 Minor-League Updates

Bakersfield has now tied things up at four with two more in the top of the 7th. After the first two batters K'd, Berset doubled, Vasquez tripled him in and then he scored on a single by Lohman.

Rogers has been lifted without retiring a batter in the bottom of the seventh. Those High in the Desert guys have loaded the bases on a double, a single and a BB. Blaine Howell on in relief. Bases jammed, no outs, 4-4 tie, bottom of the 7th.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Howell comes in and gets a double play, but a run scores. After a BB, he gets a K for the final out of the 6th. 5-4 High Desert going to the seventh.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-19-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Steve Selsky singles in the top of the 7th, but they can't bring him around. Dan Wolford on to pitch the bottom of the inning. He gives up a leadoff single, but retires the next three in order. 5-4 Blaze trail going to the 8th.

What happened, cork? Had to go to bed?

Well, a team really ought to win when Chris Berset gets three hits, but it didn't work out that way for Bakersfield. HD scored 2 in the bottom of the ninth off Brooks Pinckard to take it, 7-6. Lohman also had three hits, Selsky two. Andrew Brackman, getting it together, threw a perfect inning, albeit without a K.

Brackman's last five appearances: 7IP 2H 0ER 2BB 3K.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    He may as well join the party in Pensacola.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Sell high.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    He may as well join the party in Pensacola.
    I think I'd like to see it proven over a little more time.....

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I think I'd like to see it proven over a little more time.....
    I'd go along with that for a young prospect, but Brackman's a different case. He's 26, he's a former No. 1 draft choice, he's been in the big leagues and he's thrown over 100 innings in Triple-A. I don't think there's any need to make him linger in High-A if he's not still struggling. Double-A is still a conservative placement for a guy with his resume.

I wouldn't mind a little more success where he is if it breeds confidence and adds some bricks to his foundation. There's not a big rush. But given his performance over the past few weeks, Pensacola seems a bit more appropriate. If not now, very soon.

Turn Off Ads?