Bruce RF
    Frazier 3B
    Heisey LF
    Cairo 1B
    Mesoraco C
    Leake P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. D'backs Thursday 7/19

It is painful watching Bruce hit right now...how much of this is Jay and how much of it is Jacoby not being able to teach him to go the other way? Does anyone ever see this changing or is Bruce always going to bat somewhere between .240-.260.

I will say for a first place team, they are downright hard to watch sometimes.

glad to see cozart get a break. i think he really needs moved down to 7-8 to get going- hitting .188 in last 30 games but continues to bat 1st or 2nd day in and day out

Frazier is back in his comfort zone at 3rd with 3 Vets (one of them a regular) in the infield. The young guns at 1 and 2 positions and kid Leake can swing the bat. Complete with a top-notch defensive outfield that may just wake up today at the plate.

Go Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by mivers176 View Post
    glad to see cozart get a break. i think he really needs moved down to 7-8 to get going- hitting .188 in last 30 games but continues to bat 1st or 2nd day in and day out
    This sounds familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsey83 View Post
    It is painful watching Bruce hit right now...how much of this is Jay and how much of it is Jacoby not being able to teach him to go the other way? Does anyone ever see this changing or is Bruce always going to bat somewhere between .240-.260.

I will say for a first place team, they are downright hard to watch sometimes.
    let me guess jacoby gets the blame when they suck while when they hit he gets no credit.

I was actually just asking a question, however, I didn't know this team ever hit...maybe you could enlighten me

Bruce is what Bruce is. I think we need to come to grips with his streaking, I mean come season end his numbers will still be respectable, but he is never going to be a great hitter.

My concern lays more with Cozart. I think he be a very productive hitter, but right now he is being asked to do to much. I think if you bumped him down to say 7 or 8 you would see a different Cozart.

Game will not start on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Game will not start on time.
    Do you have any idea how long a delay we are looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Do you have any idea how long a delay we are looking at?
    Based on my completely unknowledgeable viewing of the radar it looks like this current band of rain will be out of Cincinnati relatively soon but there are a couple of additional small storms headed this way.

I do know that they will do everything to get the game in today since the D'backs do not come back to Cincinnati this year.

Game to be delayed for a little while according to Thom.

1:20

Single for Bloomquist

We have baseball.

Turn Off Ads?