Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you sit at GABP

Where do you sit at GABP

Ticket sales are going well for the Reds this year, I am heading Sat for my 3rd game this year with still 2 more games to go to. Usually I sit up in teh upperdeck, as there is where my vouchers from my HOF membership is good for. I was wondering when you go...where do you sit and is it price, view, location or what determines where you sit?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where do you sit at GABP

Price determines what ticket I buy, but when good deals arise or the opportunity to get GREAT seats come my way I'll spring at it. For example, I bought the $15-off Field View Level Seats during the Pirates series. I also bought Mudshark's tickets and they're the best seats I've ever had (3rd row behind Reds' dugout) minus diamond club.

View and location determine where I sit, though. I've never had a problem moving around and I go somewhere different every time. I like to stay on the 1st base/RF side of the stadium so I can see the Jumbo-tron during the game.

Right field outfield is fun, it's the best place to get a good look on a ball's trajectory.

There's not a bad seat in the stadium, and the front of the upper level are great seats too. I hope this helps.

I have had the chance to sit just about everywhere in GABP. I was not that impressed with the Sun deck seating area. I like the bleachers, but the problem is the sun, it can get hot there. For a few seasons we treated ourselves to the 4192 club seats, but when they got bumped to 85+ dollars we stopped that. Once we got scout seats on EBAy for like $60 each and tried that and it was nice. Also not real impressed with seating under the bleachers, can't see the scoreboard...

Section 112 for me great view close to field down third base line. View determines the seat location for me.

I sat in section 141 (RF) this past Saturday (Ludwick's walkoff) and those were probably the best seats for the price. I bought the tickets the day of the game on StubHub for half price the normal about ($13 each). Good view of the game and scoreboard. Also, you get that nice breeze off the river which was good since it was hot at the start of the game.

I also sat in section 107 which is near the foul pole on Pete Rose night a few years ago (Votto walkoff HR in 10th). Those seats were decent, a few foul balls came close to us and Votto's HR landed a few sections over. Downfall was we had to turn our heads to see the scoreboard.

Worse seats I have been in were the Kroger Bleachers. Not only are they extremely uncomfortable (for a 9 inning game), but you cannot see the scoreboard. Literally have to turn around to see it and miss a lot of the traditional things that makes a ball game fun like the frequent showings of fans on the board, Kiss Cams, Trivia question, and the Races they do (Mascots, KOI Cars, etc)
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Almost always behind home plate in the upper deck. By far the best view of the game.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Typically first two rows in sections 143-145....love them

We are going the 30th and sitting in sect 133 row E

Stubhub with some good deals!

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I have had the chance to sit just about everywhere in GABP. I was not that impressed with the Sun deck seating area. I like the bleachers, but the problem is the sun, it can get hot there. For a few seasons we treated ourselves to the 4192 club seats, but when they got bumped to 85+ dollars we stopped that. Once we got scout seats on EBAy for like $60 each and tried that and it was nice. Also not real impressed with seating under the bleachers, can't see the scoreboard...
    Scout seats for $36 on stubhub for Padres series

Section 129 - 3 rows up from dugout.

If I don't have tickets and still want to go I buy the cheapest available ticket and stand by the vendors on one of the baselines. Shade is nice.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

I usually scout out stubhub and sit where the best deal pops up, based on location and price. I'll sit anywhere though depending on the game.
    So far this year i've sat in the bleachers, uppers behind the plate, behind the reds dugout a couple times, and in the club seats once. Club seats are by far the nicest in my opinion, but I wouldn't be able to afford it very often.

buy view level or bleacher seats, then usually just move in the 4th inning to somewhere along the 3rd base line

How bad is the sun when you sit out in Right field?

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sigep529 View Post
    How bad is the sun when you sit out in Right field?
    Not bad at all. Actually stronger in LF seats.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

On the 7:10 games if you sit in RF 140-143 the sun is gone by first pitch. Sections 143-146 you will have sun with need for left hand shielding or glasses....but of and on for at most the first 2 innings.

LF is blinding the first 3 innings.

Just got Row O, Sec 117 for Sunday's day game on stubhub for what I think was a pretty nifty price... <$25 per.

Any chance of shade in that spot, or do I need to double down on the sunscreen?

Turn Off Ads?