Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Massacre in Aurora, Colorado

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Massacre in Aurora, Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Well not like I get with a killer, of course. But I did see some small children at my showing on Saturday, and wasn't thrilled with it (for their sake, not mine.) Chris Nolan's Batman is ultra grim dark, it's not really toddler/kindergarten appropriate. There's a tremendous amount of violence, tension, and the whole thing is dark, dark, dark.
    So he was saying, well, this killer is really awful and by the way parents shouldn't bring their kids to see Batman?

I dunno. Seems like a weird time to discuss theater manners.

I know you just lost your child, but I really question you as a parent for bringing him to see Batman. That seems like an inopportune time to drop an aside, don't you?

We're parsing words to the same effect: If he doesn't think kids should be at Batman, then he is essentially saying the kids shouldn't have been there in the first place. He can't take the postion that he is questioning parenting skills and then say oh well I wasn't referring to it this time...Oh, I just dropped that in there as something that sort of irks me.

That makes no sense, especially in the context of the sentence.

No matter what is meant, it's poor taste. It's just my opinion.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    So he was saying, well, this killer is really awful and by the way parents shouldn't bring their kids to see Batman?

I dunno. Seems like a weird time to discuss theater manners.

I know you just lost your child, but I really question you as a parent for bringing him to see Batman. That seems like an inopportune time to drop an aside, don't you?

We're parsing words to the same effect: If he doesn't think kids should be at Batman, then he is essentially saying the kids shouldn't have been there in the first place. He can't take the postion that he is questioning parenting skills and then say oh well I wasn't referring to it this time...Oh, I just dropped that in there as something that sort of irks me.

That makes no sense, especially in the context of the sentence.

No matter what is meant, it's poor taste. It's just my opinion.
    Hopefully cincyinco will drop back in and clarify his post.

Looking at the context of the entire post it does appear to be the venting of a person who is fairly close to this event and clearly upset. With that as the case it is very likely he phased things in ways that could be misinterpretted. I did not interpret it the way you have, but only he knows what he meant and like I said, hopefully he will clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    Hopefully cincyinco will drop back in and clarify his post.

Looking at the context of the entire post it does appear to be the venting of a person who is fairly close to this event and clearly upset. With that as the case it is very likely he phased things in ways that could be misinterpretted. I did not interpret it the way you have, but only he knows what he meant and like I said, hopefully he will clarify.
    It upset all of us. I'm sure he is a terrifc guy, this isn't meant as anything personal.

It's just there is really no way around what he's saying there.

And I don't mean to pick on one thing there, but look at it this way:

He obviously is angry at parents bringing children to see Batman.

Now that is either a really distasteful time to bring that up, or he is inferring that the kids shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I'm sure nothing was meant by it- he's venting, but I've heard this a lot lately from friends, TV shows....there's always that person who asks "Well what were the kids doing at a midnight movie of Batman?" Even Rojo admitted he thought that.

So two things: One, now really isn't the time to discuss that. if you think it is, then you are clearly inferring that either kids shouldn't have been there in the first place, or you are taking the opportunity of a shooting to drop your theater pet peeves on people. Two, people can judge for themselves what's appropriate for their children. The movie theater let them in, it isn't against the law.

I've taken my infant baby to a late night movie, and he slept right through it.

I would have hated for people to have been shot when I did it and then have people say, "Gosh, what was your baby doing there...I'm angry about your kid having been there."

It's one person's fault. Blame him. And use another opportunity to tell other people how to raise their kids.

Am I allowed to think someone is an idiot for bringing an infant to a midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises while also believing that they didn't deserve to get shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I've taken my infant baby to a late night movie, and he slept right through it.
    Ooooh, now I get it.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I don't see what's wrong with taking your baby to a movie, granted it isn't crying.

When my son was first born, my wife and I were on a third shift schedule... I can remember people giving dirty looks... like "what is this baby doing out this late?" but it was just our schedule at the time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Just saw something on facebook, another conspiracy 'theory' that suggests the guy isn't who he claims he is and is a completely different person. SMH....

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Just saw something on facebook, another conspiracy 'theory' that suggests the guy isn't who he claims he is and is a completely different person. SMH....
    I saw that, too. If you line up the faces in Photoshop, it's definitely him.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I don't care if it was Toy Story 4 premiering. You don't bring a three-month-old to the movies at all let alone at midnight, and a four-year-old should be home in bed. If you can't afford a sitter, then Daddy goes one day and Mommy goes on a different day, they can toss a coin to see who goes first. I see some "experts" claiming that if you think a child is likely to sleep through the film, there is no harm in taking them to a screening at midnight. Yes there is - the child might wake up, start crying and disturb the other patrons.

Derp.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I don't care if it was Toy Story 4 premiering. You don't bring a three-month-old to the movies at all let alone at midnight, and a four-year-old should be home in bed. If you can't afford a sitter, then Daddy goes one day and Mommy goes on a different day, they can toss a coin to see who goes first. I see some "experts" claiming that if you think a child is likely to sleep through the film, there is no harm in taking them to a screening at midnight. Yes there is - the child might wake up, start crying and disturb the other patrons.

Derp.
    qfDerp.

Just out of consideration for others, you shouldn't bring babies to the theater. Everyone knows it's an expensive place to be, and I don't want part of the movie ruined by your loud kid or the "one time" your baby didn't sleep through the whole movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post

Derp.
    So if the kid starts crying you get out of there?

If the child is distracting, it would be respectful to leave.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

This is the perfect time to talk about parenting skills.

What is wrong with you people?

Spare me the sanctimony.

Turn Off Ads?