Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Huge Toronto-Houston trade

Huge Toronto-Houston trade

Details still coming in but it looks as if CoCo Cordero, Ben Francisco and 4 minor leaguers are going to Houston in exchange for Brandon Lyon, JA Happ and David Carpenter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Huge Toronto-Houston trade

Coco would love to stick it to his old team. I think Brett Myers is on the move soon.

EMAW

I like Cordero and always thought he was standup guy in good (mostly) and bad (isolated) times, wish him well other than against the Reds

I am confused as to why Houston would want Francisco and Cordero, unless they think they can flip them for additional prospects since they can't get free agent compensation for them.

It almost looks like an NBA deal where they are taking expiring contracts to clear cap space for a big free agent splash but since this ain't the NBA and there is no cap, I am just confused by the whole thing.

Hits me as one of those here take some of our stuff for your stuff and lets hope the stuff likes it's new home...

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Hits me as one of those here take some of our stuff for your stuff and lets hope the stuff likes it's new home...
    +1
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

This has to be setting up for a future trade. Otherwise, it's like the Guthrie-Sanchez trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    This has to be setting up for a future trade. Otherwise, it's like the Guthrie-Sanchez trade.
    that was a here is our dud for your dud maybe our pitching coaches can do something that yours couldn't type of deal...

This was a very lame 10 player trade. Coco is washed up, the only player who might benefit is Happ.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    Agree. Has that kind of feel.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

We might get to give CoCo a blown save next week

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    This was a very lame 10 player trade. Coco is washed up, the only player who might benefit is Happ.
    Coco had a good year last year, he might have something left, doubt he lost it all in half a season

I can understand this from the Astros pov, gives them a nice package of prospects for taking on a couple of contracts. While the Jays........I have no clue what they are thinking.

Turn Off Ads?