6 - Marlins
    After the 2nd:

1 - SD
    2 - Cle.
    3 - Col.
    4 - A's
    5 - Mil.
    6 - Det.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    After the 1st round:

After the 2nd:
    Thanks very much for that info Mario - I hadn't seen the results yet...great info!

Via MLBTR, I saw these two tidbits -- not sure whether they've been posted in this thread already...

The Reds have been looking for a leadoff man and have been scouting Denard Span.
    Meanwhile, the Royals are trying to convince the Indians or Reds to take Jeff Francoeur so they can promote Wil Myers from Triple-A.
    I would be on board with Span, but Francoeur scares the hell out of me. I think I'd prefer Juan Pierre, actually.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Via MLBTR, I saw these two tidbits -- not sure whether they've been posted in this thread already...

I would be on board with Span, but Francoeur scares the hell out of me. I think I'd prefer Juan Pierre, actually.
    Denard Span would instantly be the best hitter in the lineup for the next month. He is relatively young. Might cost a bundle as he is still relatively cheep.

Just get a decent bat please. Francoeur isn't a terrible player. Just don't think he's that much different than Ludwick, Heisey, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    Denard Span would instantly be the best hitter in the lineup for the next month. He is relatively young. Might cost a bundle as he is still relatively cheep.

Just get a decent bat please. Francoeur isn't a terrible player. Just don't think he's that much different than Ludwick, Heisey, etc.
    Agreed about Span. But actually, I think Francoeur is a terrible player.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

If we get Span, I would do a couple of Chapman somersaualts. If we get Francoeur, I'd look the other way.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Anyone here have any interest in trading a reliever or prospect for Placido Polanco and cash? Having both Rolen and Frazier on the roster might be overkill at third base, but I don't think there's any doubt that it would make the team better. Polanco's up there in age (turns 37 in October), but his defense is still plus, he gets on base at a decent clip, and he makes a lot of contact.

Trade Targets- Part II

Continue all discussion from the previous thread here.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Re: Trade Targets- Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I would love to land Duda if he's available, I think he'd mash in GABP. I'd give them Arredondo in a deal in a heartbeat..
    I completely agree. Especially with Nick Masset coming back and J.J. Hoover waiting in the wings. Pretty much anybody not named Sean Marshall or Aroldis Chapman in the pen would be available if I was Jocketty.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Another Rockie player I wouldn't mind is Tyler Colvin. He has an .833 OPS outside of Coors (better there), plays all 3 OF spots and 1B and seemingly hits better in the leadoff spot than anywhere else. It could just be a great start by him (and of course it's Coors field) but I have always thought he had the potential to be much better than what he produced in Chicago.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Anyone here have any interest in trading a reliever or prospect for Placido Polanco and cash? Having both Rolen and Frazier on the roster might be overkill at third base, but I don't think there's any doubt that it would make the team better. Polanco's up there in age (turns 37 in October), but his defense is still plus, he gets on base at a decent clip, and he makes a lot of contact.
    I'd actually pass and I like the fact he can still give a fairly solid professional AB. Just seems like toast to me.

--Woody Hayes

My updated Trade Target wish list (of reportedly available players) for the new thread:

1. Justin Upton, Arizona
    2. Dexter Fowler, Colorado
    3. Logan Morrison, Miami
    4. Lucas Duda, NYMets
    5. Denard Span, Minnesota
    6. David DeJesus, Cubs
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-20-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    My updated Trade Target wish list (of reportedly available players) for the new thread:

1. Justin Upton, Arizona
    2. Dexter Fowler, Colorado
    3. Logan Morrison, Miami
    4. Lucas Duda, NYMets
    5. Denard Span, Minnesota
    6. David DeJesus, Cubs
    Just curious, why no Chase Headley?

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Just curious, why no Chase Headley?
    I certainly wouldn't be upset if we went after Headley.

However, I think with Frazier/H-Rod/Ludwick in the fold coupled with the likely asking price for Headley, I think the players I mentioned better suit our needs for right now and the future.

In other words, I'd rather spend prospects on getting Upton, Fowler or LoMo. Otherwise, I'd prefer to give up less for Duda, Span or DeJesus.

If we're going to bring in a 3B from the outside for the next year or two, I'd rather sign Kevin Youkilis and keep the prospects.
    Go BLUE!!!

Chris Denorfia is a guy I'd love to see targeted.

He can play all three OF positions well and, IMO, would rake away from the NL West. Too, he wouldn't cost all that much. A Stubbs for Denorfia deal, while making the Reds slightly more expensive now (pro-rated difference between $1.1 million and $550,000) and likely less expensive next (as an arb-eligible).

I'm guessing a deal of Stubbs for Denorfia would work well for both teams for this season. (I do realize the risk of this deal is higher than most and that Stubbs could very well turn into a solid player for year while playing elsewhere. It's a gamble I'm willing to take.)

Turn Off Ads?