Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Targets and Trade Rumors

Re: Trade Targets- Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Reds are gonna leave Colorado with CarGo and Fowler in a blockbuster deal.
    Huh?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

That'd work.

Don't think it's possible, but it's a nice dream.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    White Sox aquired Liriano. They're def. going for it.
    Not impressed with the Twinkies haul. Thought they we gonna ask a ton for Lirano. He may not be worth a ton, but still, a light-hitting MI and a LH starter who wasn't in their top 30 prospects seems kinda piddlin'. Guess the ChiSox swallowed the whole enchilada when it came to salary. If they think that was a haul, maybe there's hope for the Reds with Span when we get closer to the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    With all the talk of Pierre's OBP abilities, I never realized he had a lifetime walk rate of only about 4-5%
    He also has over 2100 hits lifetime and a career BA of .296. And it's not just luck, he's had good BAs year after year, with a slight regression (into the .270s) the last couple of years.

I'm not advocating Pierre because of his defensive limitations, but this is NOT Wily Taveras or Corey Patterson. Excellent contact hitter over a relatively long career.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

It's gonna be real hard to mix up the team chemistry with a trade, during this hot streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    He also has over 2100 hits lifetime and a career BA of .296. And it's not just luck, he's had good BAs year after year, with a slight regression (into the .270s) the last couple of years.

I'm not advocating Pierre because of his defensive limitations, but this is NOT Wily Taveras or Corey Patterson. Excellent contact hitter over a relatively long career.
    I've seen a couple of things on Phillie boards though, that say he gas lost batspeed (as well as footspeed). Doesn't bode well for a guy with a BA-driven OBP who has little-to-no defensive worth.

Optomism and hope are wonderful things, bur pessimism means you're never disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Parra is pretty much the same guy as Denard Span and Shane Victorino.

Why pay more? Youth?
    Well, upon further review. I don't think I'd give Cingrani or Corcino. Parra has some scary Home/Road splits. I like that he's better against RHP than Span and younger, but I wonder if he gets out of the desert air where balls break a little better if he'll be the same player. His Career Road OPS is .675 vs. .813 at Home. He has played a lot of games in the 3 California parks and maybe that's part of it, but its a bit of a Red flag. He has more upside than Span though.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Re: Reds Trade Rumors and News ONLY

Maybe we should get this guy? Could provide the boost needed at the top of the lineup?

http://www.tias.com/stores/adateinti...ures/3106a.jpg
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

A poster on the minor-league forum, 19braves77, lives in Pensacola and attends a lot of Blue Wahoos games. He just posted this:

Everybody hugging and shaking hands with Daniel in Pensacola after todays game. He has either been promoted or traded.

Tony was also told something is happening.....

Of course, Daniel would be Corcino and Tony would be Cingrani. Why does that unsettle me?

Re: Reds Trade Rumors and News ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Maybe we should get this guy? Could provide the boost needed at the top of the lineup?

http://www.tias.com/stores/adateinti...ures/3106a.jpg
    If you asked him, he'd bet you he could still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    A poster on the minor-league forum, 19braves77, lives in Pensacola and attends a lot of Blue Wahoos games. He just posted this:

Everybody hugging and shaking hands with Daniel in Pensacola after todays game. He has either been promoted or traded.

Tony was also told something is happening.....

Of course, Daniel would be Corcino and Tony would be Cingrani. Why does that unsettle me?
    If this turned out to be true, I'd want Span and Willingham (iwth maybe another piece ro two from the Reds). I'd want more than Span and Capps. Surely Walt wouldn't surrender both of those for Span alone - if he does, shame on him. I'd want a heck of a haul in any deal that included them - like Justin Upton big.. That report makes me VERY nervous.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-29-2012 at 12:42 AM.

I think a deal of some kind has gone down - a poster in the game thread tonight said he was tweeted that a Victorino for Joseph and Lotzkar - perhaps more may be brewing up to change the deal a bit, someone else from Philly or more prospects or a change in prospects? Supposedly the deal is done in principle though just not announced yet. May be they are still working on other options but have a basic deal done if nothing else works out?

Well, it's either a blockbuster, difference-making deal. Or an overpay.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I've seen a couple of things on Phillie boards though, that say he gas lost batspeed (as well as footspeed). Doesn't bode well for a guy with a BA-driven OBP who has little-to-no defensive worth.
    Pierre is a free agent after this year so his batspeed and footspeed would have to hold up for another few months. And since his OBP against righties (he would likely only play against righties) is over .370 this season, I think we would manage.

But I don't think Pierre is coming to the Reds because he can't play CF any more. Too bad, because he would be on base for Votto fairly frequently.

Turn Off Ads?